PDA

View Full Version : VERMITID SNAILS

Reef23
07-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Hi all,
I have a few vermitid snails that have started showing up on my live rock. They are releasing the webs onto my zoas and causing them not to open. I am moving tanks in the next few weeks and was wondering what I can do to the rock to get rid of these guys will transfering rock to the new tank. Most of the rock they are on are covered with zoas or palys so need to do something that wont damage them if possible. Thanks

ScubaSteve
07-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Scrape them off where you can and cover them with something. I rub epoxy putty into the openings so the snail just starves and dies.

Twinn
07-08-2011, 01:08 AM
If you try to scrape them off then make sure you get the whole snail including the small ball portion at the end of the tube. I have also filled the tubes with crazy glue or epoxy, seems to work fine.

Reef23
07-08-2011, 01:16 AM
If you try to scrape them off then make sure you get the whole snail including the small ball portion at the end of the tube. I have also filled the tubes with crazy glue or epoxy, seems to work fine.

I guess my best bet is scraping then crazy glue over the hole. Are there any livestock that will eat these guys ? Thanks

emerald crab
07-09-2011, 04:26 PM
I've been fighting vermetid snails for years. They are hard to eradicate and it looks like nobody eats them.