PDA

View Full Version : Snorkeling Spots in Montego Bay?

Eb0la11
07-07-2011, 02:35 AM
Hey everyone,

so Im getting married and our honey moon is going to be in Jamaica and one of the days I am there my wife-to-be and I would love to do some snorkeling. Has anyone snorkeled down there that would like to shed some light on some good experiences? Thanks a bunch!

Aquattro
07-07-2011, 02:49 AM
I was up in Negril last month and the snorkeling was great. Only thing I saw in Montego Bay was the hospital :)

spawn
07-07-2011, 03:10 AM
I was up in Negril last month and the snorkeling was great. Only thing I saw in Montego Bay was the hospital :)+1 but you should do your open water cet. while there & dive Deep & shallow plane sites in Negril, French man's hole is another good site if your comfortable in high swells while in a narrow cave:). & Congrats

reefermadness
07-07-2011, 04:11 AM
There are some reefs just off the beach in lots of places....they are'nt the most colourful but it was fun to snorkel.

sphelps
07-07-2011, 12:57 PM
We stayed in Run Away Bay not too far from there and snorkeling right off the beach was quite good. It was a very new resort though so the beach was still very natural. Diving however was much better and something you seriously need to consider, you can do a discover scuba which will allow you to do a couple dives without any certification. There was also a tour we took to a nursary reef (snorkeling) which was very good, it was close to Dunn's River Falls (which is also worth checking out btw) but that's all I remember.
Where exactly are you staying? Oh and congrats BTW.