PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Calgary reef shop

Pipes1234
07-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone :) my mother is flying in from Ontario this Friday and wants to hit a reef shop in Calgary before she leaves the city to head out to grande prairie ... She has a limited time in Calgary and is looking for a shop with a good selection of coral sps, lps and softy's ... She's not interested in fish ... So were wondering what store might meet this criteria ?

Magma
07-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Red Coral has a great new shop, its still in the works but getting better everyday.

FishyFishy!
07-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Ocean City always has a decent selection.

sphelps
07-06-2011, 05:29 PM
RC is still setting up so not sure they'll have the selection she's looking for but you could call ahead of time. I assume she's heading out north so the closest place is Big Als although I'm not a huge fan they do actually have a decent selection of nicer corals including SPS, prices range from reasonable to pretty pricey. Next closest place is probably Ocean City on 16th AVE N which is usually pretty good and you could also check out Wai's which is right across the street from OC.

If she's drving through Edmonton she could stop there instead.

lastlight
07-06-2011, 06:22 PM
If she's drving through Edmonton she could stop there instead.

She'd have to check to see what Dez's hours are but this sounds like a good idea lol.

fishytime
07-06-2011, 06:30 PM
RCC is like the Bass Pro shop...... Worth popping in, just to see the store:mrgreen:...... I know RCE had a pretty good selection of everything last time I was there.... And they got zoas and clams since then....whatever she found would spend less time in a bag if she bought in E-town

Pipes1234
07-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Awesome thanks for all the replys ... Sounds like as oc and wai's are across from each other she will stop there ... That way she gets to see more than one ... And I might have convinced her to stop in Edmonton as well :p wish I was making the trip with her..... Would be a great day !

lpsreefer
07-06-2011, 06:50 PM
golds is always good! wai's has some nice pieces i was there on monday.
you can never go wrong with red coral!

doch
07-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Definetly PM Dez and see if she can stop in there for a visit. He has tons of awesome SPS frags! Cheap.

Red Coral Edmonton also has some nice stuff for good prices... last I was there they had some Walt Smith SPS... NICE!

bulletsworld
07-07-2011, 07:02 PM
golds is always good! wai's has some nice pieces i was there on monday.

Did Wai's move?? I swear when I drove by last week their was no sign and the place looked vacant. Unless he moved???

mikec
07-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Wai's is still open and at same place.I bought 4 multicolor fairy wrasse 1 red jawfish and 1 candycane hog fish yesterday.