PDA

View Full Version : SRO xp3000 ?

Reef23
07-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Hi all, first off I want to say thanks for all the great advice in the last week or so. After much debate I have decided to order the super reef octopus xp3000. My tank upgrade is a 52x26x23 miracles tank with a 40G breeder sump. I was just about to order this from goreef after reading alot of amazing reviews on the product. Anyone own one or have comments before I pull the trigger ?
Thanks

Raven34
07-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Running an xp 5000 ext on 550g and for the money its was a great choice.

Spiny
07-05-2011, 12:15 AM
I run a SRO3000 on my 120g and it's a ridiculously powerful skimmer. A little loud, slight restart issues with the bubble blaster pump, but it skims my tank very very well.

As for goreef, I have spent nearly 2k in that shop so far and always have amazing service and quick delivery. Would recommend them any day

Reef23
07-05-2011, 04:14 AM
I run a SRO3000 on my 120g and it's a ridiculously powerful skimmer. A little loud, slight restart issues with the bubble blaster pump, but it skims my tank very very well.

As for goreef, I have spent nearly 2k in that shop so far and always have amazing service and quick delivery. Would recommend them any day

Loud? I had heard these run quiet ?
What kind of restart issues ?

phi delt reefer
07-07-2011, 01:43 AM
I believe the re start issues were resolved... Should be more info in google... Think it had something to do with the volute or the impeller build quality.

Reef23
07-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I believe the re start issues were resolved... Should be more info in google... Think it had something to do with the volute or the impeller build quality.

Skimmer got here today and to say this thing is a BEAST would be an understatement. It's going to run on my 75 for the next week or two as I sold my old deltec. Prob won't see great results on my 75 but it will break it in so it's ready when I start assembling my new setup.

RuGlu6
08-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Skimmer got here today and to say this thing is a BEAST would be an understatement. It's going to run on my 75 for the next week or two as I sold my old deltec. Prob won't see great results on my 75 but it will break it in so it's ready when I start assembling my new setup.
Any update on the new skimmer ?
Pictures?
Links?
Thx. !

Reef23
08-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Any update on the new skimmer ?
Pictures?
Links?
Thx. !

I will post pics tonight.
It ran in my 75G for two weeks before I setup the new 140G. It pulled skimmate like crazy! I just setup the new system last week and put the skimmer back online this weekend. Now the skimmer is constantly foaming over. I have to leave the cup drain plug out and run or the cup would overflow in minutes. It's been running for 2 days like this ?? Not sure what the problem is ??? Any suggestions ??? It's running in 7" of water

RuGlu6
08-14-2011, 02:01 PM
It ran in my 75G for two weeks before I setup the new 140G. It pulled skimmate like crazy! I just setup the new system last week and put the skimmer back online this weekend. Now the skimmer is constantly foaming over. I have to leave the cup drain plug out and run or the cup would overflow in minutes. It's been running for 2 days like this ?? Not sure what the problem is ??? Any suggestions ??? It's running in 7" of water

Foaming is usually a sign of something in the water after feeding, or a lot more DOC's that you expected. Just tune down the skimmer for a while, when it will clean the water you can set at full blast air again.

Is it still foaming?

Reef23
08-14-2011, 02:54 PM
No I let it foam over for a few hours with a hose connected to the drain. Once the skimmer got whatever was causing the crazy foam out of the water it has ran perfect ever since. Pulls half cup of skimmate every other day

RuGlu6
08-15-2011, 07:40 PM
still waiting for pics and your thoughts on this unit.:wink:

Reef23
08-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Sorry for not posting pics sooner. I have been so busy with work and setting up the new tank. The skimmer settled down after I allowed it to skim
Whatever was causing all the foam. It's still in 7" of water and pulling a cup of nasty skimmate every few days. Amazing skimmer, quiet, and easy to clean. Pics will have to wait yet again as I'm out town for a few days

RuGlu6
12-31-2011, 12:13 AM
So how is your new skimmer so far
Any reviews , opinions, pics?