PDA

View Full Version : BRS 2Part Question

Reef23
07-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Hi all Im upgrading from a 75g to a 140G custom miracles tank in the next few weeks. My 75G now is all LPS and Softies. With this upgrade I would like a Mixed reef with some SPS. I don't add anything to my tank now just WC every week to keep my levels consistent I see BRS has a great sale going on right now for 4th of July. 30% of dosing pumps! 10% off everything else. Should I pick up 2 1.1ml dosing pumps and a 2part combo if I plan on keeping SPS ? Any suggestions

Bblinks
07-02-2011, 06:09 PM
I would seriously consider picking up 3 dosing pumps. besides the two parts, you would also need magnesium. Maybe pick up some chemicals at the same time.

Hi all Im upgrading from a 75g to a 140G custom miracles tank in the next few weeks. My 75G now is all LPS and Softies. With this upgrade I would like a Mixed reef with some SPS. I don't add anything to my tank now just WC every week to keep my levels consistent I see BRS has a great sale going on right now for 4th of July. 30% of dosing pumps! 10% off everything else. Should I pick up 2 1.1ml dosing pumps and a 2part combo if I plan on keeping SPS ? Any suggestions

Reef23
07-02-2011, 06:24 PM
I thought mag only needs to be dosed once a month or so. I was hoping to cut down on the cost and do that manually. Do you see an issue to this ?

e46er
07-02-2011, 06:33 PM
I dose mag manually Generally every 10 days or so I'll need to dose

Bblinks
07-02-2011, 06:40 PM
According to BRS, you should dose it after a full gallon of ca and alk has been dosed, but I found it easier just to automate it. extra 68 bucks is a awesome deal, but its up to you. I have my set at 55 secs every 24 hour, it seems to work well for me.

Reef23
07-02-2011, 06:50 PM
According to BRS, you should dose it after a full gallon of ca and alk has been dosed, but I found it easier just to automate it. extra 68 bucks is a awesome deal, but its up to you. I have my set at 55 secs every 24 hour, it seems to work well for me.

What settings do you run for cal/alk ?
Do you use a controller or digital timers ?

Bblinks
07-02-2011, 07:04 PM
I have a aquamedic 4 pump doser. It does the job but its not perfect.:neutral: I run my calcium at 3 mins every 3hours(-+4.5ml every 3 hours) and alk at 3.5 minutes every 3 hours, I try to keep them hour and a half alternating. I have my alk tube going into the filter sock and caciuml tube zap-straped to the overflow output, and mag directly into the sump. Oviosuly the dosing amount will vary according to you tanks consumption.