PDA

View Full Version : Prodibio Question--Need To Know ASAP

MMAX
07-02-2011, 01:46 PM
I sent a PM to Aqua-Digital about this but he hasn't replied yet. Maybe he's gone for the weekend. Need to know right away because I'm due for dosing tomorrow. I've been using Prodibio since the beginning of May, I've dosed for 6 weeks and have not used reef builder yet. I mail ordered another kit but due to the damn strike, it sat at the post office for a month. So, 2 weeks ago I missed a dose. Tomorrow, should I try adding the reef builder or wait another 2 weeks before using it? Also do you shut off your skimmer 4 hours after using it?

fencer
07-02-2011, 02:24 PM
- sure as long as your water chemistry is stable
- 4 hrs at least...I end up shutting it down for 12 hrs

freezetyle
07-03-2011, 01:32 AM
...I end up shutting it down for 12 hrs
+1, maybe even longer

TRS
07-03-2011, 04:04 AM
Keep up with your regular 2 week dosing of Bio-Digest and Bioptim. Test your water to determine your Nitrate and Phosphate concentrations. Do not start the Reef Booster until these parameters are at zero. Once you are ready to start the Reef Booster dosing, definitely turn off your protein skimmer to avoid overflowing. Resume skimming whenever you can safely do so.

MMAX
07-03-2011, 05:11 AM
Regular testing shows nitrates and phosphates are both zero. I usually do my bi-weekly maintenance early afternoon, after I add my reef booster I'll shut off the skimmer and maybe fire it up the next morning. Anything funny to expect after adding it? Cloudy water?

blacknife
07-03-2011, 06:51 AM
heh . i did not shut my skimmer down the first time i added it because i did not know better... i also probably was not ready to add it but whatev thats in the past. it made my skimmer slime out and do nothing for a day or so so if your skimmer is shut down then i do not know what the suppress would be.

w00t
07-04-2011, 07:41 AM
I leave my skimmer off for about 24 hours after I dose the reef booster, it does usually overflow for the first cup after coming back on but then is back to normal. It clouds up the (my) water for a few hours, the first time I dosed it I swear it was cloudy for around 12 hours. The next time I dosed it seemed to only be cloudy for a few hours.

MMAX
07-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Dosed it yesterday, clouded the water a biy but not bad. Just turned the skimmer on a few minutes ago after being off about 21 hrs.