PDA

View Full Version : Firefish (Nemateleotris magnifica)

lpsreefer
07-01-2011, 04:36 AM
I notice over the last three days only one firefish comes out of there bolthole at a time, unless its feeding time. but even then the other doesnt come out for about 15 mins after feeding to eat. then right back in.
does this mean they are getting ready to breed or already breeded?

Proteus
07-01-2011, 01:27 PM
or being picked on. my helfrich is doing the same and has been comming out at night alot more. i noticed that its dorsal fin has been chewed up which i believe is from a dottyback

lpsreefer
07-02-2011, 09:11 AM
They aren't getting picked on at all. nothing missing. i down sized my fish because well one got sicks and got transferred to a different tank. and my other i gave to a friend. so now all i have is a 6 lined wrasse, red sea sailfin tang, and two fire fish in my 6 foot 130 gallon tank. i dont plan on adding any fish until i figure out if they are going to have little ones. i do have everything ready to go if i do see any frys.

Proteus
07-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Could very well be. I have three barred gobies and the two large ones come out and flash and flare while the smaller one just sticks it head out of the hole. Who know you might be a new parent.