PDA

View Full Version : clam placement question

cathyg_99
06-30-2011, 03:30 PM
so i got a new clam put him on a rock he attached himself, happy yesterday was opening and didnt look unhappy.... now hes on the sand should i leave him or relocate him?

Aquattro
06-30-2011, 03:38 PM
What kind of clam? I have my three maximas on the sand, but I've had them on rock too. I think croceas like rock more than sand, but as long as the light they get is sufficient, let them go wherever they like :)

cathyg_99
06-30-2011, 04:02 PM
What kind of clam? I have my three maximas on the sand, but I've had them on rock too. I think croceas like rock more than sand, but as long as the light they get is sufficient, let them go wherever they like :)

maximas but im worried about my horse shoe crab constantly dusting him with sand

fishytime
06-30-2011, 04:12 PM
You can place him in the rockwork, but you need to make sure it can't fall.... Try placing it on a small to medium sized, flat or cup shaped rock down on the sand... Once the clam has attached to the small rock you can then glue the rock onto your aquascape without fear of it falling

cathyg_99
06-30-2011, 07:08 PM
You can place him in the rockwork, but you need to make sure it can't fall.... Try placing it on a small to medium sized, flat or cup shaped rock down on the sand... Once the clam has attached to the small rock you can then glue the rock onto your aquascape without fear of it falling

I put him on a cupped rock on my aqua scape he was there for about 5 hrs then this morning he was on the sand, when i left at 10 he had rotated himself a bit but seems to enjoy it there im just worried ges going to get sand dumped on him

sgreen
06-30-2011, 07:56 PM
If he has attached himself leave him you do not want to damage his foot. The sand is fine. He should be ok. If he is not attached you can do what fishytime has said that would work well.

Aquattro
06-30-2011, 08:00 PM
It'll clean the sand off easily. Mine get buried all the time, they manage to unbury themselves :) I found even when I mounted one to a rock, then moved the rock, it jumped off. They will move around to find their own favorite spot.

chandigz
06-30-2011, 11:56 PM
I find they will tell you where they like to be. They will stay put if they like the spot.