PDA

View Full Version : LF Cube/Cubish Aquarium - Vancouver area

ReefOcean
06-28-2011, 09:52 PM
I have been to every store that seels aquariums and I am at a loss. My last options are Glasscages in the US, or ask around here.

I am looking for an aquarium with dimensions around 24wx24dx16t. No more than 40 gallons. 35 gallon being optimal. Glass or acrylic. If somebody makes acrylic tanks here, even better. I don't require any kits like the biocude.

Hope you guys can help :biggrin:

Bblinks
06-28-2011, 09:54 PM
DID YOU CHECK OUT OCEANAQUATICS?

ReefOcean
06-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Correction, every store but Ocean Aquatics heeh. Bit out of the way. I went to JL, Pet Smart, Mr Pets, Petcetera and a couple of the Pet Habitats...suprisingly, Pet Habitat had the best selections.

Does Ocean aquatics have this size of tank?

EDIT: I went to Island Pets Unlimited as well

smokinreefer
06-28-2011, 10:12 PM
have you tried asking your LFS to order one for you?
i ordered one of similar dimensions a few years back.

Bblinks
06-28-2011, 10:28 PM
I was there on the weekend and there are a few used and new tanks that fits the bill, give Jim a call and he will send you some pictures, or as stated above, the boys will custom make one for you, JL or OA. Which ever is easier for you.

ReefOcean
06-28-2011, 10:28 PM
have you tried asking your LFS to order one for you?
i ordered one of similar dimensions a few years back.

yes, JL for some reason couldn't, or wouldnt. Pet habitat only has access to tanks it's limited suppliers had and I really didnt bother with the chain stores for obvious reasons hehe.

phi delt reefer
06-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Marineland makes a 45 gallon cube that fits ur requirements. Jl aquatics carry their line, they can order it for u.

ReefOcean
06-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Cool thanks, I will give Ocean Aquatics a call.

As for the Marineland, if it is the one I am thinking of it was a little too tall for my liking. I am going for wide, deep and shallow pretty much.

Kryos
06-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Heh, I've been looking for a tank of similar size for the past month. However, I'm going the cheap route and trying to find a used one for cheap. Let us know where you got it and for what price.. I might get impatient enough to actually buy a custom made one or something.

Thanks,

ScubaSteve
06-28-2011, 11:42 PM
I was looking at getting a new one as my tank is looking a little beaten up after a few moves. To custom build one in your dimensions you are looking at $400 - $700, depending on whether it is rimless and what kind of over low you want.

ReefOcean
06-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Heh, I've been looking for a tank of similar size for the past month. However, I'm going the cheap route and trying to find a used one for cheap. Let us know where you got it and for what price.. I might get impatient enough to actually buy a custom made one or something.

Thanks,

No prob, I will keep you apprised. If I cant find one with OA, I might just go to glasscages.com. You can get an acrylic with shipping to Blaine, WA for about 200-230. Custom is a little bit more.

ReefOcean
06-28-2011, 11:51 PM
I was looking at getting a new one as my tank is looking a little beaten up after a few moves. To custom build one in your dimensions you are looking at $400 - $700, depending on whether it is rimless and what kind of over low you want.

Well, if it is that much, I will definately go to the US...or do it myself. :lol: I know you can score acrylic sheets off penegrine plastics because i've inquired before. Then it is just a matter of a router bit and some solvent.

originalozzyo
06-29-2011, 04:00 AM
You could always DIY and save yourself a bunch of money.
I've done it before, isn't hard at all

gobytron
06-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Correction, every store but Ocean Aquatics heeh. Bit out of the way. I went to JL, Pet Smart, Mr Pets, Petcetera and a couple of the Pet Habitats...suprisingly, Pet Habitat had the best selections.

Does Ocean aquatics have this size of tank?

EDIT: I went to Island Pets Unlimited as well

You jst have to ask at JL.
Just tell Rene or Jeff what you're looking for and they'll tell you if they have it or how much it wil be to order from a supplier.

gobytron
06-29-2011, 02:17 PM
I have a tank that is almost perfect for you given the dimensions mentioned
It's not in wonderful shape but woulid make a serviceable display.

If you dont mind a scratch or two, pm me.

it's reef ready.

Jason McK
06-29-2011, 05:27 PM
If your looking for a tank that is not a standard size most LFS can get one custom made for you. I know OA will have one made for you. The cost is not a lot more than an off the shelf tank

J

ReefOcean
06-29-2011, 11:24 PM
If your looking for a tank that is not a standard size most LFS can get one custom made for you. I know OA will have one made for you. The cost is not a lot more than an off the shelf tank

J

I phoned OA last night and he requested I send an email with my requirements which I did, I should be hearing back from him with a couple of quotes in the next day or so.

Gobytron is also going to shoot me some pics of his tank he has so my search is looking good hehe.