PDA

View Full Version : Inheriting a tank

Earthgirl
06-27-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm inheriting my mother in laws 55 gallon tank
I'm tearing the whole thing apart
She has approximately 80 poundsof live rock in this sucker and I decorate a rather minimalist style
My prob is though she introduced Kenya tree
I know
Ugh
I do want some of this rock cause I'll need it
But how do u get rid of this stuff
I'm hoping to sell some (and fish) cause I don't want duplicated of yellow watchman and I have a pair of clowns already
Someone please help
I'm even willing to swap pieces if someone wants
I contacted Steve at red coral hoping they might want to trade but I've gotten no response so I'm not sure if he got it
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

Jfish
06-27-2011, 09:09 PM
It should be very easy to get rid of the rock depending on what kind of shape its in. You can just place an ad about it here on canreef (pictures help) and you'll have a bunch of private messages in no time. I'm not sure about that area but usually live rock is around 5$/pound. Sometimes more depending on porosity of the rock, shape, and how much coralline algae is on it. Things like aiptasia, majano anenomies and algae on the rock will make it harder to sell.

Same goes for fish or equipment or pretty much anything aquarium related. Just place an ad or list some stuff that your willing to trade and what your looking for. Should be lots of other examples on here of stuff up FS.

Earthgirl
06-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the reply
Maybe I'll sell it privately, the pieces I don't want
But does anyone know how to kill/get rid of Kenya tree??
It's overgrown this tank
I'll have to do before and after pics
U guys will cringe and how neglected this poor tank is

intarsiabox
06-27-2011, 10:51 PM
A small butane or propane torch (the type used for soldering) would probably do the trick. Are you trying to keep the rock alive?

Earthgirl
06-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Yeah I am...
Just hate the Kenya tree

eli@fijireefrock.com
06-28-2011, 12:44 AM
I like kenya tree under my LED if you want to trade lb for lb give me a pm:biggrin:

toytech
06-28-2011, 04:40 AM
Just tear it off the rock , thats how i get rid of all the little ones that spring up , run some carbon and you should be fine.