PDA

View Full Version : special house insurance for 90g??

cathyg_99
06-26-2011, 01:42 AM
okay so i wont give you the long story but has anyone had to get special insurance coverage for a large fish tank???

**** has hit the fan with my house insurance (them being AHOLES) but i have a feeling they will need to do a walk through and i dont want to be told i need coverage because of my tank

Flash
06-26-2011, 01:56 AM
nope, i just called and let them know i had a tank! they said okay it's noted on my file and wala!! done and done!

phi delt reefer
06-26-2011, 02:08 AM
should be covered under your policy (tank,equimpment and dry goods) - you wont get a penny for livestock though.

Unless your house burnt down most of the time its not worth making a claim cause most of your equipment would still be good if a tank crashed or the glass broke.

kies1
06-26-2011, 02:50 AM
Just went through a major flood in the basement and insurance paid to have tank tore down and reassembled. Call them to tell them you have a tank so there is no surprises if anything happens.

whatcaneyedo
06-26-2011, 04:20 AM
That was a top concern of mine too when I bought tenants insurance for the first time three years ago. I was told that I would be covered for everything but the livestock as others have noted and no special coverage needed to be drafted.

phi delt reefer
06-26-2011, 05:14 AM
just to add - most items have a max coverage amount that you can paid to add a rider for more coverage. like my house insurance will only cover $2500 worth of jewelery but if i had more than that and wanted it covered i would need a special rider. The tank could fall under one of these stipulations BUT all policies are different.

asylumdown
06-26-2011, 11:11 PM
it sounds like you're all talking about the tank itself being insured, but have any of your found any issues with your insurance company jacking you around because of the risk of flood damage the tank presents, ie, putting in an exclusion for water damage if it comes from the tank?