PDA

View Full Version : LF Diamond Hole Saws

Maverick00
06-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Im looking for a 1 5/8" and 2 1/2" Apparently these are alittle harder to find than i thought here in victoria. If anyone has them i am willing to buy or rent them for a day. Thanks.

freezetyle
06-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Im looking for a 1 5/8" and 2 1/2" Apparently these are alittle harder to find than i thought here in victoria. If anyone has them i am willing to buy or rent them for a day. Thanks.

did you check at progressive? I know they have a few bit sizes

Maverick00
06-26-2011, 01:44 AM
yeah i did, they were out of the sizes i need and apparently wont get any for a couple weeks :(

chandigz
06-26-2011, 02:13 AM
I've heard rona sells the cheaper ones or check some of the auto parts stores. Home depot used to have them but they were quite expensive. I dont know if you have one down there but up here midland tools sells them. you could check with the greater victoria aquarium club(TGVAS) someone there probably has some you could use.

Aquattro
06-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Sorry, forgot to check when I got home. I have a 2 inch, which is what I used for the same size bulk head as the small one you bought. You can borrow it if you like, it's been used for 2 holes, so still in great shape.

Maverick00
06-26-2011, 02:52 AM
chandigz - yeah ive checked auto and hardware stores, no dice. everyone seems to have up to 1 3/8 nothing bigger. Maybe ill throw a post on TGVAS, thats a good idea thanks.

Aquattro - Thanks so much for the offer, much appreciated, I figure i might as well wait until i have both sizes so i just have to set it all up once. I was surprised theres not more selection around. If i can find a 2 1/2" hole saw ill send you a pm.

Thanks alot guys.

chewie
06-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Do you have a PrincessAuto store there. I know the one in surrey does sell them, not the greatest quality but works good for a few holes. I could always pick them up and send to you if you want. Cant remember price but I know they are very reasonable. If interested I will get exact price for you.

Or you can order from here
http://www.aquacave.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=818

Maverick00
06-28-2011, 02:01 AM
Damn!! We need a princess auto around victoria! im not even sure if there is even one on the island? I think i might just order a couple online of the site you gave me chewie. Thanks though!!

freezetyle
06-28-2011, 02:53 AM
Damn!! We need a princess auto around victoria! im not even sure if there is even one on the island? I think i might just order a couple online of the site you gave me chewie. Thanks though!!

if you order through aqua cave do not do ups shipping. they will ding you with insane brokerage fees

The Grizz
06-28-2011, 03:02 AM
Got a set of 4 different size bits from EBay for $30 and have drilled a dozen or more hole with them so far, just an idea for ya.

Maverick00
06-28-2011, 04:04 AM
ah yeah good call freezetyle (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=5839), its been awhile but i have been f'd around by ups in the past..

thats good to here grizz, I was wondering actually how many holes your able to drill before wanting to replace a diamond hole saw. Ive heard even a few will dull the cutting edge, but i suppose it all depends on how deep or thick the glass is, along with how much lubricant your using.

Maverick00
07-05-2011, 03:47 AM
Rona carries diamond hole saws (despite what the guy on the phone when i called to ask....) an in house brand called 'eco'. I randomly stumbled across these while looking at mitre saws in the hardware section. They have small hole saws all the way up to what i needed, 2.5"

Figured id let everyone know. Reasonable price too, 36.99 for the 2.5

chopperman
07-05-2011, 01:40 PM
I saw some hole saws at rona the other day. They were the bits you exchange when they are dull. I only saw bits up to 1 inch though. The rona out here is small maybe a bigger store might have bigger sizes.

Adam

sobe
07-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Princess Auto is probably the best place to get them or ebay

It's cheaper there and works ok. I cut through 2 holes in about 1/2 inch of glass
1st hole was 1 1/2 hours, although my second hole almost took 3 hours to drill it was painful lol but that's almost 1 inch of glass total for one hole saw

Proteus
07-08-2011, 08:43 PM
I picked mine up at Rona which has a exchange program. I drilled 4 holes and returned it for a new one for twenty bucks