PDA

View Full Version : Grazer wanted

blacknife
06-24-2011, 03:25 AM
my 50ish <36x18x20> is doing ok but i have a few old but healthy tufts of HA that are hard to pick out. I also have this parsley looking leafy algaee that covers one rock and is slowly appearing on other spots in the tank. I keep thinking about a small tang knowing that i might upgrade in the near future but what else could i put in there to clean up that parsley looking stuff?

<edit my small emerald eats the stuff but can't keep up with it but the big one won't touch it and neither does the LMB>

tank is mixed reef with sps starting to actualy grow good..

asylumdown
06-26-2011, 12:20 AM
I would get an algae eating urchin. I just discovered how fantastic they can be at controlling algae.

toytech
06-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Large turbos are bulldozers and knock your frags down but hands down the best snail by far i have for eating algae, he eats red turf ,gha ,and a purple macro i have all over.

Gary
06-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Parsley looking algae may be Halmidea (money plant algae)

blacknife
06-26-2011, 07:02 PM
its not any of the halmadia's i have seen, I took a few pictures of it the other day but have not put them on the comp yet. perhaps later i will.

Never had an urchin might try one of those.. i did use to have a couple large spiny turbos that munched everything in my last tank but both of them became flood inducing victims of poorly designed single hole overflow.

having trouble keeping my frags glued down as is i should get some real glue sometimes instead of the dollar tubes from the dollar store heh. at least some epoxy to sandwich the middle.