PDA

View Full Version : algae scraper for nanocube

meenamjah
06-24-2011, 02:06 AM
I can't seem to find a good tool for scraping algae off the acrylic tank wall... tried 2 magnet cleaners but they're useless... anyone got any suggestions on what else I can try?

Cintax
06-24-2011, 05:29 PM
You could try a 'safe for acrylic' plastic razor blade. I got mine from the local fish store for about $7 and it came with two blades and a tool to hold them. Also, there is a guy who makes a device like a Mag-Float but it’s for nano tanks. I don't recall what it is called though.

phi delt reefer
06-24-2011, 07:26 PM
nano-mag i think

ColinD
06-26-2011, 12:02 AM
You could try a 'safe for acrylic' plastic razor blade. I got mine from the local fish store for about $7 and it came with two blades and a tool to hold them. Also, there is a guy who makes a device like a Mag-Float but it’s for nano tanks. I don't recall what it is called though.

Its called the Nimble-Nano, picked one up a couple years ago, barely works on my 29, don't know how thin the glass has to be for it to work properly. As well it arrived broken and he wouldn't do anything about it.

Colin

reefwars
06-26-2011, 12:05 AM
for yourself to research but when i had an acrylic tank i used a magic eraser sponge and it worked wonders, again do the research on it before you do as theres mixed reviews plus it also means gettin your hands wet:):)