PDA

View Full Version : Got Aiptasia?

Skyeshoppe
06-23-2011, 07:53 AM
This may seem like the weirdest request ever. But does anybody have any aiptasia they want to give me?

I had some problems with aiptasia and have come to the conclusion that Berghia Nudiabranches may be the only probable solution. I've been doing a lot of research online about these Nudiabranches and have decided to try my hand at breeding these little suckers. But ironically I need aiptasia to breed them. Thanks to my attempts to control through aiptasiaX, the aiptasia in my display tank is too small and too spread out for me to use.

If anybody in the Metro Vancouver area has an outbreak with numerous large aiptasia please let me know. I don't need any rocks that they are attached to, as I am at capacity for live rock in my display and the breeding tanks should not contain live rock. I would just try to razor them off and could return any rocks. Note: the aiptasia will return to these rocks.

In return for your help I would be willing to exchange some berghia if I am successful in breeding them. Note: The breeding process will take several months.