PDA

View Full Version : Help: Mixing Station

Coleus
06-21-2011, 02:31 AM
Inspired by the design of jefferskn on the reeftank. His design can be viewed here http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f234/my-new-saltwater-mixing-station-167510.html

so i attempt to make my own with a little tweak so i need everyone input. Here is the layout for it (i hope you understand my drawing)

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/picture.php?albumid=561&pictureid=4523

The difference between my design and jefferskn is that i am going to use two pumps. this way later on i can use float switch, salinity probe with controller to automatically fill the water from RO/DI to mixing station.

I also put more ball valves so i can swap powerheads and drain water easier.

Please let me know if you see any flaw or redundancy in my design.

Thanks

intarsiabox
06-21-2011, 02:47 AM
Do you want your RO water to also top-off for evaporation? Also, if you have a salinity probe controlling your RO water what's controlling the salt? The reason I ask is that the probe will only tell the pump to add RO water if the salinity is too high. If it's to high it will keep adding water and maybe overflow? If salinity is too low it won't ask for water until salt is added to the mixing tank. My thoughts if I understand what you're doing correctly.

Coleus
06-21-2011, 02:56 AM
Do you want your RO water to also top-off for evaporation? Also, if you have a salinity probe controlling your RO water what's controlling the salt? The reason I ask is that the probe will only tell the pump to add RO water if the salinity is too high. If it's to high it will keep adding water and maybe overflow? If salinity is too low it won't ask for water until salt is added to the mixing tank. My thoughts if I understand what you're doing correctly.

Thanks for your good question, i have not put much thoughts into making everything fully automatic. But i think some ppl was able to control the salt with rotating drums food processor.

About overflow problem, I will have to add a switch / sensor in the mixing station to prevent overflow or do you have any suggestion to change the design?

Cheers