PDA

View Full Version : vacation....

Jim Barry
01-21-2004, 02:18 AM
I am going away for 10 days in February and am looking for someone who can watch over my tank while I am gone. Big Als will do it for $75.00 per visit. That seemed a little pricey to me. Does anyone know of a service or someone with reef experience who does this any cheaper :confused: .

Thanks,

Jim

Bob I
01-21-2004, 02:32 AM
I am going away for 10 days in February and am looking for someone who can watch over my tank while I am gone. Big Als will do it for $75.00 per visit. That seemed a little pricey to me. Does anyone know of a service or someone with reef experience who does this any cheaper :confused: .

Thanks,

Jim

That sounds pricey. If you are not too far away I will do it N/C. Just expenses if there are any. :biggrin:

Namscam
01-21-2004, 03:20 AM
But Bob you dont even take care of your own tank :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ...you just let it be...although its doing fine and all

Bob I
01-21-2004, 03:26 AM
But Bob you dont even take care of your own tank :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ...you just let it be...although its doing fine and all

Not quite true Richie. My tank is very well taken care of. I constantly monitor it, and if something needs doing it gets done right away. I just eschew excessive testing. (there I finally get to use that word :biggrin: )

Chad
01-21-2004, 03:34 AM
eschew

Bless You.. :mrgreen: :biggrin:

Canadian Man
01-21-2004, 04:19 AM
What part of the city are you in Jim?

Jack
01-21-2004, 07:24 AM
How about a good hobbiest for some frags and or money?

TANGOMAN
01-21-2004, 01:45 PM
I operate a small business leasing and maintaining aquariums. I'm in the Yellow Pages under Chinook Aquatics.
I'd be happy to discuss your needs.

EmilyB
01-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Hey Doug,

Came out of the closet did ya :lol: :razz:

TANGOMAN
01-22-2004, 03:43 AM
Was I in the closet...? Actually, I didn't want it to be known that I'm doin' it for a living 'cause folks would expect me to know what I'm talking about, and that would really take the enjoyment out of doin' what I do... :confused:

StirCrazy
01-22-2004, 04:04 AM
folks would expect me to know what I'm talking about, and that would really take the enjoyment out of doin' what I do... :confused:

:eek: :mrgreen:

Steve

AJ_77
01-22-2004, 04:41 AM
Actually, I didn't want it to be known that I'm doin' it for a living 'cause folks would expect me to know what I'm talking about, and that would really take the enjoyment out of doin' what I do...
Yah - No Worries There!!
:razz: :lol: :biggrin:

(you ever going to pick up these tubes??)

Jim Barry
01-22-2004, 08:52 PM

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks everyone....... Bob is going to look after my system. I hope the Metal Halide lighting, protein skimmer and RO water doesn't convert him into a "techie" reef guy :lol:

StirCrazy
01-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Thanks everyone....... Bob is going to look after my system. I hope the Metal Halide lighting, protein skimmer and RO water doesn't convert him into a "techie" reef guy :lol:

:eek: your going to have a PC lit skimmerless tank when you get back... :mrgreen:

Steve

Canadian Man
01-23-2004, 03:46 AM

:eek: your going to have a PC lit skimmerless tank when you get back... :mrgreen:

Steve

:rofl: