PDA

View Full Version : Prodibio Question

shootingstar
06-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Well perhaps a few questions :lol:. Thinking about going the Prodibio route on a new tank build/upgrade, still on the fence.

First
I know there are "start up" products but how would that change the dosing. I assume you wouldn't need to use the "clean" for 6 weeks to reduce nutrients or am I wrong.

Second
what (if any) equipment will this system make redundant or not necessary. I have read a few comments about not needing/ not running GFO (so one less reactor & pump) but what about carbon?? or Cal / Alk / Mag dosing?

Third
I know it is great for SPS, and to a lesser degree LPS, but what about softies, mushrooms, nems etc. Will they hate the ULNS system?

Forth (and a dumb question)
Can you get to LNS and not ULTRA LNS? It seems like the "ultra" aspect is dancing on the razors edge to a large degree. Magnificant when it works perfectly but right on the edge of failure (starvation). Or am I wrong?

since everything would have to be mail order:

any suppliers that ship to Ontario?

and

I would assume being a liquid it would not be good for the product to freeze.....I imagine I would need to stock up in the fall to carry through to spring???...yes/no?

thanks to any and all in assisting with this decision.

fencer
06-16-2011, 05:00 AM
Mike at AquaDigita can add more comments

First
I know there are "start up" products but how would that change the dosing. I assume you wouldn't need to use the "clean" for 6 weeks to reduce nutrients or am I wrong.

The products work better on seasoned tanks.

Second
what (if any) equipment will this system make redundant or not necessary. I have read a few comments about not needing/ not running GFO (so one less reactor & pump) but what about carbon?? or Cal / Alk / Mag dosing?

I run all of the above

Third
I know it is great for SPS, and to a lesser degree LPS, but what about softies, mushrooms, nems etc. Will they hate the ULNS system?

I have softies in my systems they survive very well. Reef Booster is good for any kind of system

Forth (and a dumb question)
Can you get to LNS and not ULTRA LNS? It seems like the "ultra" aspect is dancing on the razors edge to a large degree. Magnificant when it works perfectly but right on the edge of failure (starvation). Or am I wrong?

Sure why not. But you must have an stable tank first. Good practices like water changes carbon get you to the stable state. The first part of the ProdiBio system helps you on the road to UNLS but you don't have to be at the ultra level to usr the product

I would assume being a liquid it would not be good for the product to freeze.....I imagine I would need to stock up in the fall to carry through to spring???...yes/no?

Glass vials and cold do not mix well

shootingstar
06-16-2011, 05:23 PM
thanks fencer, very good info there.