PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Blue tang not doing so well

lpsreefer
06-13-2011, 10:15 PM
So last night i came home and was wondering why my light were still on in my tank. timer on the lighting system reset it self. so the lights where on about 6 hours longer then they normally would be. my fire fish went to bed at there reg time.
my sailfin and pbt also in bed. but my atlantic blue was out eating and everything. i had a good 30-60 mins of starring at him. looked fine, deep colors. gave him a little piece of seaweed. turned the lights off and went to bed.

wake up a couple hours later to my other tank making weird sounds. the tank is empty. the pumps hose popped off and drained it. glad i didnt have anything it there just running saltwater. so no big deal just got some wet feet.
i sleep in a bit get up at noon to find out my light arent on. i go turn them on manually. and all my fish wake up and ready for feeding time. couldnt find my ABT after about 20 mins of searching i find him. almost pail white laying on his side. i thought he was dead so i grab the net and my claw try to put him in the net. he swims off. got all his color back. after work i check on him he is pale white again doesnt move went i grab him now. :'( poor poor fishie.

lpsreefer
06-13-2011, 10:45 PM
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g373/mattjoly85/IMG00196-20110613-2043.jpg
here is what he looks like now.

naesco
06-14-2011, 12:05 AM
The fish is uber stressed. Leave him in the tank and put a bubbler in to give him more oxygen.
and he may make it. Avoid going near the tank and keep the lights off. What you are doing is stressing him further.