PDA

View Full Version : Your thought's on re-stocking my 90g...

TANGOMAN
01-20-2004, 02:30 PM
With the New Year came the loss of my buddy Lionell, the Volitan. I'm now operating a rather large aquarium for a lone Neon Damsel who has grown quite large and doesn't take kindly to new comers. He's going to be captured, one way or another, and relocated to the "basement-quarters".
Now comes the planning for a new group. I'm sitting on the fence regarding one fish and I think I already know the answer but I'd appreciate some thoughts. I've always wanted an Emperor Angel. With one of these guy's I lose the option of adding corals to this system though. Is a 90g too small to properly house one of these guy's ? I kinda' figure it might be... :confused:
I purchased beautiful pair of Clowns and a Yellow Tang from Incoma and they are livin' in the basement waiting for the Damsel to be evicted. I also purchased his Bi-color Blennie. He's quite a character as well. I had wanted to go with a Purple Tang in this system but yellow works for me ! A CBB is also on the list and I'm hoping to adopt a Valentini Puffer who need's a new home soon... :cool: .
So whaddaya' think, hold off on the Emperor ?

Those responses who display the greatest insight will be entered in a draw for a beautiful Neon Damsel. Large. Losing it's striking colors. Terribly aggressive and it destroys any coral presented to it. I may even offer a Seaclone as arunner-up prize... :rolleyes:

EmilyB
01-21-2004, 01:58 AM
It's not as if you are ever gonna run out of places to adopt it out to..... :lol: :razz:

I've never seen large angels pacing like some tangs. Why not try and if it doesn't work out sell it to one of us other idiots.

I think Puff would love an emperor as a tankmate, btw.........

BCOrchidGuy
01-21-2004, 02:02 AM
Lets keep this thread going, I'm going to have my 90 as a fish only and I'd love an Angel, emperor or otherwise... Lots of stuff for them to do.... I figure if I get some aptasia I can put that rock in the FO tank and see who eats it....

Doug

Quinn
01-21-2004, 02:34 AM
Someone needs to hunt down a scat. http://www.wetwebmedia.com/Scatart.htm

UnderWorldAquatics
01-21-2004, 02:46 AM
I would say that a 230 gallon tank is the smallest tank an emperor should be housed in, and it will grow out of that eventually.
They act completely different in a large aquarium, in a small tank they seem shy, in a big tank you can rush the glass and they come right up to you to see what your doing.... they are too shy even in a 230 if IMHO

BCOrchidGuy
01-21-2004, 03:06 AM
Quinn the LFS has those in fairly regularly... didn't know they were Dung eaters though.. coollllll... (not that I'm into that)

Doug

UnderWorldAquatics
01-21-2004, 03:11 AM
(not that I'm into that)

Doug

LMAO!!!!!!!! :lol: