PDA

View Full Version : LF live sand to seed new tank

onesocksarah
06-04-2011, 05:43 AM
I'm looking for a generous donor to trade me a sprinkling of your healthy, crawling with good organisms granular gold to help me get a new tank cycling with dead rock. I have several clean unused sand to swap.

RuGlu6
06-04-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm looking for a generous donor to trade me a sprinkling of your healthy, crawling with good organisms granular gold to help me get a new tank cycling with dead rock. I have several clean unused sand to swap.

you can get this: Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7 Aquarium Additive - 500ml (http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/bw-bac0500/Brightwell+Aquatics+MicroBacter7+Aquarium+Additive +-+500ml.html)

quote from J&L site:

A complete bioculture for establishing biological filtration and rapidly improving water quality in all marine and reef aquaria.

Complex system of non-pathogenic aerobic and anaerobic microbes, as well as natural enzymes, specifically formulated to establish biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups, and to enhance the rate of nitrification, denitrification, and organic waste degradation in marine and freshwater aquaria through complete nutrient remineralization.
Supplied in a state of suspended animation for maximum longevity.
Formulated utilizing extensive data compiled by microbiologists.
Benefits
Rapid reduction of organic carbon, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate.
Digestion of uneaten/undigested food, excreta, detritus, and other latent organic material, resulting in cleaner and healthier aquarium substrate.
Reduction of organic compounds into nutrients that encourage the growth of photosynthetic organisms.
Greatly-reduced hydrogen sulfide production.
Increase in dissolved oxygen concentration.
Limits availability of pre-existing phosphate to undesirable forms of algae and cyanobacteria.
Increased water clarity.

onesocksarah
06-05-2011, 03:34 AM
thanks