PDA

View Full Version : puffy eye angel

steve fedyk
06-04-2011, 04:32 AM
My emperor angle has a puffy eye and I was wanting to know how to help him.
Hes eating and is acting normal.

My sailnity was high and I have been lowering it by adding 1G on rodi water very day for the later two weeks.I missed a day or two because work. My daily water change pump crapped out well I was a way, so I was get 1 3/4 of salt water added every day for five days, which raised it to 1.029. I like to be around 1.023 to 1.025.

fishytime
06-04-2011, 01:28 PM
If its just one eye that is swollen, then chances are he scratched it on something .......clean water, a good vitamin supplement and some time should help.....

mike31154
06-04-2011, 02:38 PM
My male Maroon clownfish had a puffy/cloudy eye once as well. Didn't seem to bother him, acted normal/ate, just like your angel. Cleared up in less than a week. I was concerned for sure, but reckon it's as fishytime suggests, bumped or scratched on something. Could of course be another cause, but probably best to give it a few days and see what happens. Not much else you can do but observe & keep water in good shape.

steve fedyk
06-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the replies

I will keep An eye on it. The eye looked the same today. I have had this fish since he was the size of my thumb nail, and not wont to lose him.