PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 Price Sale @ Petland

canadawest
09-30-2001, 12:09 AM
Normally I wouldn't advertise for Petland, as I don't care much for their store, but...

They are currently having a 1/2 price sale on all their livestock. All fish, corals and even live rock are half price!

Now their corals aren't very nice (except the Xenia I just traded them) but some of the fish are nice, and at 50% off there are some great deals. For those of you looking for live rock, here's a chance to get some for less than $5/lb.

Sale ends tomorrow (Sunday, Sept 30)

Shadetree
09-30-2001, 12:24 AM
Buyer beware, they throw in lovely flatworms at NO EXTRA CHARGE images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Scott

smokinreefer
09-30-2001, 03:09 AM
i'm in the market for some cool and interesting fish, did you see any nice fish there? if so what? let me know quick if you can, maybe i will head out tommorow. where is petland anyway?

Troy F
09-30-2001, 10:37 AM
I strongly urge all of you to avoid shopping at this store no matter how good the deal. As long as you buy from there they will keep ordering livestock.

DJ88
09-30-2001, 11:57 AM
I agree Troy.. It's the same thing with Petcetera.. I don't buy from either.. too bad more people don't.. Not hacking on those who go get a 50% off deal.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Even with that tho I still won't go..

smokinreefer
09-30-2001, 01:16 PM
OK OK i wont go! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ive never been there b4 so i didnt know any better.

but, DJ, someone once told me they got a sunrise dottyback from there!!!

ps. ive never seen those anywhere b4.

later guys

DJ88
09-30-2001, 05:19 PM
Pfffttt Sunrise dottyback???? Who wants one of those.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

It's the Splendid I want.. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Nice try tho.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

The sunrises are sweet.. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

canadawest
09-30-2001, 05:33 PM
Oh well, I had store credit there so I figured I might as well pick stuff up that I wanted at 1/2 price.

Ended up getting a small Yellow Tang for $13 and a Red Starfish for $6.

Their coral tank is pretty ugly, and Mike did warn me not to buy any corals in it because the tank has flatworms. Apparently he is treating it this week, so by next week the flatworm problem should be gone. I still wouldn't buy corals there though.

And talking to him for 10 mins, he had the gall to crack jokes about King Ed's livestock and practises. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, eh?