PDA

View Full Version : Would this be ok???

tony_3a
06-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Hey guys, I am looking for a little input here, I currently have a tek light 48 inch 6 bulb unit, with all kz bulbs, and im wondering if i upgrade to a tank that is 72x18x18 could I still use the light. Currently i have a 48 inch tank that i keep a mixed reef, A lot of sps, lps, zoas and such.

My Idea is to have 2 tall islands that would be right under the light that i could keep all my corals on and such, and then just have a lot of swimming room as i do love fish.

I know the sides would be darker but Im not to concerned about that, Im just curious if anyone has any pics of a system like this.

One other idea i had was to get 2 of those led strips that are like 12-18 inches long and put them at the ends of the tank just incase it was a bit too dark.

Thanks for your time
Tony

fishytime
06-01-2011, 06:24 PM
I don't see why it wouldnt be ok..... Like you said, as long as you were mindful with your coral placement and didn't mind how the tank appeared with the lighting arrangement .....Laurie has a four foot light over one of her six foot tanks and it doesn't look bad IMO..... It's just a fowlr tho

Leah
06-01-2011, 06:40 PM
If I am not mistaken Levi (zoaElite) did the same thing for awhile. Check out is tank thread

tony_3a
06-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Yeah I saw zoaelite's before, it looked awesome, Im just a bit nervous i saw some posts people complaining about it, i just dont see why it would be a problem.

Thanks for the input so far guys and girls!!!
Tony

Leah
06-01-2011, 07:10 PM
I guess it all depends how you like it. And how you place your rock/corals.