PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing? Tank Pics

bluetang
01-19-2004, 03:09 AM
Well guys I'm new to this site. I frequent reefs.org often.
Need some advise, what do you think i should add to my 20g reef?
What is it missing? What will make it that much better?
Im adding a Maxima clam at the end of the month and posibly a fish or two. Thanks

http://groups.msn.com/robstankpics

Samw
01-19-2004, 03:14 AM
how about a goby/pistol shrimp pair?

Son Of Skyline
01-19-2004, 04:25 AM
Looks good to me :smile:

Perhaps adding a dark background to hide all the equipment and wiring hanging off the back?

StirCrazy
01-19-2004, 04:36 AM
Im adding a Maxima clam at the end of the month and posibly a fish or two. Thanks

http://groups.msn.com/robstankpics

MH lighting. maximas need a lot of light.

Steve

bluetang
01-19-2004, 04:54 AM
Stircrazy - That has been my obsesion the last couple of months. Whether the PC unit I purchased will be enough to keep a maxima. Ive been talking to a few guys on reefs.org whom are keeping them under Pc's with great sucess in there nano's. Ive been researching high and low about PC's and clams. I'm hopefull, and optimistic that if I keep it fairly high I should be OK. Hands down Halides are the way to go with clams, there is no disputing that. If all else fails I'll be donating a clam to my buddy Snoop.
At a discount price of course.

Snoop Dog
01-19-2004, 05:01 AM
Hey blue tang,

I have enough brown in my tank already!!!

bluetang
01-19-2004, 05:02 AM
Theres always bryson

sumpfinfishe
01-19-2004, 08:25 AM
IYWMO, I would put in a hang-on overflow box to save all the drilling hassel and build yourself a sump, say a 4gl rubbermaid container or a 5gl tank would work great too!

Also Rob, what exactley are you running for your lights, I'm really like'n the brackets on that canopy :cool:

bluetang
01-19-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm running a Coralife 2 X 65Watt PC unit on my tank. At the moment no complaints at all with it. Really happy with the output.
Rob..

Bob I
01-19-2004, 03:39 PM
I'm running a Coralife 2 X 65Watt PC unit on my tank. At the moment no complaints at all with it. Really happy with the output.
Rob..

That's what I run on my 20H, and I really like it. I tried a Coralife pendant with a 10000K mh, but don't like it. I am having a new pendant made so I can mount the bulb horizontally. I have a gut feeling it will be a little too yaellow for me though. :rolleyes: