PDA

View Full Version : Why do my fish hate me?

MarkoD
05-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Whenever i walk by the tank or anywhere within the sight of the tank, all of my fish run and hide..... and all it takes is one to dart away and they all do.

the fish have been in there for about a month now and they're still a bunch of scardy cats.

they only come out when i feed them and once they're done, all gone and hiding.

xblade
05-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Took my fish a couple months of settling in before they were at ease...I have my tank in a low traffic area in the basement, so they freaked when there was alot of motion all of a sudden..But, they're used to it now and don't spook easily any more. Now they seem to crave any attention at all. They act like puppy dogs when I come around..Just give them time. :)

MarkoD
05-28-2011, 10:36 PM
sometimes i just sit still to watch my tank and they come out a little and things seem to be ok..... but whenever i clean my glass with the magnet they all freak out and dont come out for a couple days

daniella3d
05-29-2011, 01:45 AM
Each fish has its personality but if one is skittish sometime it is enough to make all of them skittish.

I have a trigger fish that should be a tiger but it's always hiding and very skittish...My copperband is always out in the open and very bold...go figure :)

sometimes i just sit still to watch my tank and they come out a little and things seem to be ok..... but whenever i clean my glass with the magnet they all freak out and dont come out for a couple days

Eyford01
06-04-2011, 04:21 PM
I've heard it suggested that more hiding places available will make fish calmer just knowing that they have an escape route, such as a more open rock work with lots of places to dart into... that said my fish are the same even at feeding i have to drop the food in and walk away or they won't even eat, the single exception being my pipefish who could care less about me... or my teeny tiny lil bitty clowns that bite when i scrape algae

MarkoD
06-04-2011, 04:29 PM
there is more than enough hiding spots for all my fish.

and when i approach or move infront of the tank they all dart into their spots

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/IvankaD/Screenshot2011-03-29at65228PM.png

the only fish that dont seem to care are my mandarin goby and my algae blenny