PDA

View Full Version : Tribal blenny

fishoholic
05-28-2011, 03:45 PM
I got this cool blenny that I thought I'd share some pic.'s of that Doug took of it. He posted them in my tank journal but I know not everyone looks at tank journals so I thought I'd post here too.

Tribal Blenny

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP5427.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP5428.jpg

and a pic with the little dude showing some style and "flare"
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/Fishytime%202/IMGP5429.jpg

Lance
05-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Cute little guy. I've never seen one before. I assume care is the same as for a Lawnmower Blenny?

paddyob
05-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Was this one down at AQUARIUM ILLUSIONS??

I was looking at it a couple days ago and ALMOST took it home.

Very, VERY cool little dude!

lastlight
05-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Wow never seen one before I really dig the patterns on the face.

fishoholic
05-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Cute little guy. I've never seen one before. I assume care is the same as for a Lawnmower Blenny?

Yes it is.

Here's a link to some info on them, you have to scroll down a bit, but it's there
http://www.aquacon.com/blennies_saltwaterfish.html

fishoholic
05-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Was this one down at AQUARIUM ILLUSIONS??

I was looking at it a couple days ago and ALMOST took it home.

Very, VERY cool little dude!

Yes it's the one from AI I'm glad you didn't take it :mrgreen:

fishoholic
05-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Wow never seen one before I really dig the patterns on the face.

Ya I never saw one before either. It was the patterns on his face that made me really want him over other types of blennys.

Carrera75
05-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Ya I never saw one before either. It was the patterns on his face that made me really want him over other blennys.

Does he always show those patterns or perhaps those patterns are there because he is stressed out? I ask this because my Midas Blenny and Bicolor Blenny show similar patterns when they get stressed out.

fishoholic
05-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Does he always show those patterns or perhaps those patterns are there because he is stressed out? I ask this because my Midas Blenny and Bicolor Blenny show similar patterns when they get stressed out.

Those pic.'s were taken shortly after he was first added to the tank last Monday so it's possible he was a bit stressed out and that's why the patterns are so noticeable. The patterns seem to always be there but I noticed over the past couple of days that they didn't seem as bright and noticeable as when I first got him.

Wayne
05-30-2011, 01:46 AM
Nice looking fish! Always cool to see different type of fish and what inhabitants make them unique :)

Chaloupa
05-30-2011, 06:37 AM
AWESOME fish!!! Coloring seems to stay whether stressed or not but at first is brighter...we get them in, and they're AWESOME!!! One of my favorites! Thanks for posting!

Funky_Fish14
05-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Tres cool and very cute!

Yeah the last one I saw kept its colouring all the time!

fishoholic
05-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks guys good to know they keep their colour. I am beginning to think the opposite is true for these guys. I've noticed that my dumb mimic tang doesn't really like him (no idea why since he's a fairly peaceful tang and obviously nothing like a blenny) and will sometimes chase the blenny back into hiding in the rocks. When this happens I've noticed that the blenny will get darker in appearance.

fishytime
05-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Some tangs really seem to hate gobies and blennies for some stange reason.... The chevron in the display at the shop hates the orange spot sandsifter that is in with him and my chevron at home hates my shrimp gobies with a passion and chases him them into their hole every chance he gets

paddyob
05-30-2011, 08:03 PM
It is probably setting boundries and letting the blenny know who is boss.

Your fish Is a new addition, it should settle. My yellow does it to every fish I add for about a week and then it's over.

Good luck.

DOMINATOR
06-02-2011, 02:03 AM
He looks wicked!!!