PDA

View Full Version : How fast marine velvet strike?

Coleus
05-28-2011, 03:59 AM
I understand that once the fish got marine velvet, it can kill the fish very fast but how fast can it get to the fish once it introduce to the tank?

I really @#$@#$@# up, i picked up a clam from LFS today and forgot to quarantine it and put it right into my main display and now i am worry. No sight of velvet yet but got a feeling of something is not right.

Anyway, anyone know how fast velvet get to the fish? Also how do you tell even if I quarantine the clam but my quarantine tank does not have any fish in it.

Thanks

daniella3d
05-28-2011, 04:08 AM
It would take a few days probably once it is on the fish but before it get there it would probably need to encyst, multiply etc..probably a week before you see some effect.

I would not worry too much for now.

What exactly is "not right" ?

I understand that once the fish got marine velvet, it can kill the fish very fast but how fast can it get to the fish once it introduce to the tank?

I really @#$@#$@# up, i picked up a clam from LFS today and forgot to quarantine it and put it right into my main display and now i am worry. No sight of velvet yet but got a feeling of something is not right.

Anyway, anyone know how fast velvet get to the fish? Also how do you tell even if I quarantine the clam but my quarantine tank does not have any fish in it.

Thanks

Coleus
05-28-2011, 04:16 AM
It would take a few days probably once it is on the fish but before it get there it would probably need to encyst, multiply etc..probably a week before you see some effect.

I would not worry too much for now.

What exactly is "not right" ?

Thanks, somehow i just got this feeling because the clam was in a tank with no fish