PDA

View Full Version : The New Maxspect Mazarra... Very Cool LED!

viperfish
05-28-2011, 03:19 AM
http://reefbuilders.com/2011/05/27/maxspect-mazarra-led/#more-34608

Tetrarch
07-14-2011, 10:16 PM
I ordered three modules for my 90 gallon reef, I'll probably supplement with two or three PAR38 bulbs down the road. When they arrive I'll post some pictures/review.

Motorfranco
10-17-2011, 02:42 AM
May I ask where you order them? Price?

mseepman
10-17-2011, 11:49 PM
i saw these at MACNA, the were very very nice. Salty supply will ship them up here happily.

Trigger Man
10-18-2011, 02:20 AM
ya very nice looking. I was wondering on price as well?

intarsiabox
10-18-2011, 02:25 AM
ya very nice looking. I was wondering on price as well?

Just look on Salty Supply's website.

SteveConn
10-18-2011, 04:25 AM
And for us newbies, Salties website is...? :-) Same as reefbuilder?

Madreefer
10-18-2011, 05:51 AM
http://www.saltysupply.com/Default.asp

SteveConn
10-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the info! :-)

Motorfranco
10-22-2011, 05:57 AM
Read some post and reviews about this one,I like the idea of it,but by now I will choose AL SOL over Maxspect.
It's a HongKong company,and I am pretty sure it's made in china,the product itself need improvement,(wire,track,joint)and this company is sold to somebody else,I would like to see changes happen by the new management.

viperfish
10-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Read some post and reviews about this one,I like the idea of it,but by now I will choose AL SOL over Maxspect.
It's a HongKong company,and I am pretty sure it's made in china,the product itself need improvement,(wire,track,joint)and this company is sold to somebody else,I would like to see changes happen by the new management.

Get your story straight there buddy. Maxspect didn't get sold to anyone, they just dropped their current US distributor and went with CoralVue. I think this move will be better for Maxspect since they have been struggling with customer service and CoralVue has a very good reputation in the hobby.

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/10/19/maxspect-new-distributor/#more-49607

Motorfranco
10-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Get your story straight there buddy. Maxspect didn't get sold to anyone, they just dropped their current US distributor and went with CoralVue. I think this move will be better for Maxspect since they have been struggling with customer service and CoralVue has a very good reputation in the hobby.

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/10/19/maxspect-new-distributor/#more-49607

You are right,but still,I'd like to see improvement on this product,I made a order and canceled the other day after I read some reviews.

SteveConn
12-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Anyone here use the Maxspect Mazzara? Any improvements made in thier product?

reefermadness
12-30-2011, 02:43 AM
looks like the owner is involved with some shaddy promotion....

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2108492&highlight=howard

mseepman
12-30-2011, 05:35 AM
The funny thing about this is that the whole story stems from RC banning him..yet there are multiple references out there about how RC bans for anything. I asked on an LED thread if anyone had seen Milad on RC lately...got banned for a week...it was ludicris.

I've seen the Maxspect lights...they are nice...maybe nicer than some of the overpriced ones we've recently seen join the LED scene lately (no offence meant to any recent LED purchasers). The fit and finish of the ones at MACNA were really nice.

If I wasn't doing DIY LED then they were first or second on my list.

Not wanting to advertise on RC but still wanting to help people with questions they have on lighting doesn't seem like enough of an offence to hang the guy to me.

SteveConn
12-30-2011, 07:01 AM
For LED, they really seem to be the best choice for my situation:

-I need lighting that can be close to the top of the tank
-I cant mount from the cieling, a tank mounted fixture is best
-Has to be a clean look (its in the livingroom)
-I want more spectrum than just R.Blues and white (I like the near UV and red options)

I would consider Radions if there was a better way to mount them
AI Sols are out because of the hieght I'd need to mount them

My tank is 36 long, 24 high and 20 deep. SPS, LPS and zoas

Really looking for some input here. I pick the tank up in a little over a week.

martinmcnally
12-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Those do look pretty cool. I just contacted them for a price list. If it all checks out we will get some in stock.

SteveConn
12-30-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm in agreement with you on that at this point.
I've started an advice thread on the lighting issue. Thanks for the input!

04V10
02-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Hey everybody,

I thought I would chime in on the topic. I actually am running the Mazarra S series on my 20gal. I really like it, though I only have one module and plan on getting a second module for better light distribution. It's easy to use, everything works flawlessly on it, as well I couldn't mount from the roof due to having a very very high ceiling so this worked out great.

I wish I would have gotten the P series with more channels and control, however for the price I paid for my setup it was really a no brainer to save some cash at this point.

As for quality, I think it is pretty good, the mounting is a bit odd as I would have done something a little different from the module to the support bar, but that can be modded for a custom more secure fit. I also like the fact that it can dim right down or put on full strength for your needs. The other thing that I like is being able to switch all of the optics to your liking.

Right now I am running the factory color LEDs in it, however I might order some of the other spectrum from the maxspect website to get a litte more pop out of the reds in my tank. If you guys have any questions let me know.

Seriak
02-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Concept Aquatics has them here as well. I chose not to get them because of the faulty mounts. i have read way to many stories of the lights falling into the tanks when the mounts fail.