PDA

View Full Version : Vertex IN100 Vibration?

Maverick00
05-27-2011, 02:23 AM
I bought this skimmer a few months back, when i first fired it up it ran great and was relatively "quiet". A day later the pump became very loud and i traced it down to where the pump fits into the bottom of the skimmer. After playing around with it for a day it once again became silent. I woke up this morning and noticed the pump was vibrating against the wall of the skimmer which made the same annoying hum. Anyone aware of this issue or have some sort of permanent fix? i couldnt find much on this topic on the net?

Bryan
05-27-2011, 06:22 AM
There was a well known problem with vertex skimemrs and the impeller. It vibrated ever so slightly when worn causing a howling noise from the pump. This was a problem a couple years ago and most users had their impellers replaced. Perhaps yours was still old stock.

Maverick00
05-28-2011, 01:31 AM
interesting. Its been noisy off and on all day. If i tilt the skimmer it sometimes helps quiet it down. Weird, ill pull the motor apart on the weekend and take a look at it. Thanks.

Bryan
05-28-2011, 01:49 AM
You will need to disassemble the impeller, if you notice the hole where the ceramic shaft glides throuigh is ovaled out, even the slightest that is the problem.