PDA

View Full Version : Berghia Nudibranches For Sale (* All SOLD*)

themastr
05-26-2011, 03:25 AM
I have 13 adult Berghias for sale. I will be in Edmonton this weekend and can bring them but need them picked up saturday. Asking $20 each

Let me know

thanks
Erick

Delphinus
05-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Ever down to Calgary or do you think they could ship well if say sent Canada Post overnight? In a thermos or something maybe?

themastr
05-26-2011, 05:18 AM
I'm planning to ship to calgary with one other guy and maybe you guys can split the cost. I will get the info and the cost for shipping. If anything else I might beable to go to calgary but no promises. They can survive the shipping I'm just scared. LOL

I will let you know

thanks
erick

jalemboo
05-26-2011, 04:08 PM
i will share the cost for shipping to Calgary as well.

sitandwatch
05-26-2011, 04:45 PM
I would be up to join in with a Calgary order.

fishytime
05-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Me too..... Possibly

Delphinus
05-26-2011, 06:25 PM
So who's gonna spearhead this, the original guy doing the order?

Also, honestly, is there going to be enough to go around? Because seriously I could use about 6 of them in my tank right now (FWIW I'd be happy to rehome them after they've cleaned house). Maybe a store ought to think about bringing in a shwack (or a bushel) of them since there seems to enough interest?

Coleus
05-26-2011, 06:28 PM
So who's gonna spearhead this, the original guy doing the order?

Also, honestly, is there going to be enough to go around? Because seriously I could use about 6 of them in my tank right now (FWIW I'd be happy to rehome them after they've cleaned house). Maybe a store ought to think about bringing in a shwack (or a bushel) of them since there seems to enough interest?

why not farm them after? I would farm them if i have time and aptasia because almost everyone in calgary tank has a problem

fishytime
05-26-2011, 06:33 PM
We have brought them in before..... Problem is they ship horribly, so we would have to charge an arm and a leg to cover losses..... I would take a couple..... Maybe if we get them all sold in C-town the OP might consider the drive down:mrgreen:

wayner
05-26-2011, 07:09 PM
I could use 300 - I mean some, if there's any left.

riceboy
05-26-2011, 08:44 PM
I would be in for one as well not to much aptasia but still have some lol

themastr
05-26-2011, 11:46 PM
I have a whole setup going I am just selling these Cause I can't keep up with feeding them. they eat about 4 -5 huge aiptasia everyday. My next batch will be interesting I have millions of eggs but will not beable to feed them all if they do hatch LOL. We will see.

Also I will say they are all sold right now as of this post.

I will msg everyone if there is enough Interest I can make the trip to calgary this weekend.

Just don't back out cause I'm driving 5 hours away. So I'll be ****ed and I'll call you out on this forum. Don't waste my time PLEASE !!! (not meaning to be a JERK ! but have had it happen!)

PM me on the amount and there will be more in the next 2-3 weeks for sure. :D
Also I can take millions of aiptasia if you got. :D

Thanks
Erick

themastr
05-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Guys this berghia is so easy to breed it just takes alot of aiptasia. I started with 3 a couple of months ago and have grown about 30 adults to now and have thousands of eggs in the setup as we speak but I can't keep up with the Aiptasia colony. thats the only reason I am selling all that I have cause I'm hoping the aiptasia will grow out of control in the next 3 weeks.

Just place them in a 1 litre or pop bottle with new sterilized saltwater in your tank with an airstone. feed an aiptasia everytime you see them turn white and wait like about 5 weeks. as long as you have the bottle topped off from evap water you will have some hatchlings. all you really need is about 20-30 hatchlings and they should eventually clear your tanks. Oh and make sure you don't get the bottle contaminated with bugs and copepods, mysis, etc. They will eat the eggs.

Thats it. not time consuming but a little addicting. LOL

I'm hoping others will breed them too. They just came out with a great book on breeding berghias and it's awesome.

"Breeding Berghia Nudibranches"

by Dene Banger

Very good book.

thanks
erick

themastr
05-27-2011, 12:07 AM
I need a place to meet everyone in Calgary. What is the best pet store to meet you guys at. Don't know the city very well and don't want to go far from the airport in the NW area. Coming in from Airdrie. Better yet is there one guy that can meet with me and take them for the group?

let me know

thanks
erick