PDA

View Full Version : Aipstasia Farming

phreezee
05-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Now that it's certain that my CBB eats aipstasia, I made the unusual move of scraping off a bunch of aipstasia from my over flow and put it back into display.

The aipstasia in my overflow eat left over food and are actually beneficial to the system now. I have a bunch of feather dusters in the overflow doing the same thing also.

Anyone else have a similar system? I never thought I'd stop cursing these little things and start liking them.

monocus
05-22-2011, 01:46 AM
one thing about having aptasia in the sump and overflow is that you will have clear water.i was hoping to have more aptasia growing so i could start up breeding berghia again,but my bannerfish think that they are a delicacy.going to start a new system just for breeding aptasia in the next month

daniella3d
05-22-2011, 04:02 AM
My copperband was eating them but stopped now. I am starting to see a bunch of them poping everywhere. He ate all of them except a huge one that was too big to eat and then sort of got bored of them and they are back with a vengance.

I think he prefers to eat the live white worms and the fresh mussels rather than aiptasias...

I am thinking of starting the aiptasia X treatment again but not sure what to do. I am a bit afraid that if I poison some aiptasia and the copperband finaly decide to go back at them and eat one, then could end up quite sick.

Now that it's certain that my CBB eats aipstasia, I made the unusual move of scraping off a bunch of aipstasia from my over flow and put it back into display.

The aipstasia in my overflow eat left over food and are actually beneficial to the system now. I have a bunch of feather dusters in the overflow doing the same thing also.

Anyone else have a similar system? I never thought I'd stop cursing these little things and start liking them.