PDA

View Full Version : NO Longer looking

Aqua Man
05-16-2011, 02:32 AM
no longer looking

Nate
05-16-2011, 02:55 AM
Please build your big tank before obtaining either of these species. I've seem you change your mind about buying and selling things more times than i can count on these forums. One day its money problems, the next your downsizing to keep the wife happy and the day after that youre building a 3000 gallon tank out of 5/8 glass.

Both species get way to big for what you are currently have and are planning to build and both species will get big enough to consume your "1.2 trio" of little coral catsharks.

I guess what I'm saying is please be a responsible pet owner.

Also, if u are building that big tank do it out of 3/4inch+ or it won't work.

outacontrol
05-16-2011, 03:04 AM
Please build your big tank before obtaining either of these species. I've seem you change your mind about buying and selling things more times than i can count on these forums. One day its money problems, the next your downsizing to keep the wife happy and the day after that youre building a 3000 gallon tank out of 5/8 glass.

Both species get way to big for what you are currently have and are planning to build and both species will get big enough to consume your "1.2 trio" of little coral catsharks.

I guess what I'm saying is please be a responsible pet owner.

Also, if u are building that big tank do it out of 3/4inch+ or it won't work.
Well put, and thank you.

Aqua Man
05-17-2011, 04:25 AM
Hey Nate

I am not looking for 5/8" glass, I am looking for 3/4-1" glass or maybe even 1"+ acrylic. I would also not take on larger sharks until the 3000gallon is ready. I was going to sell my set up before, but me and my better half, talked out the best way of doing things.

I am sorry if somehow I offend you

Corey

Nate
05-17-2011, 06:04 AM
Hey Corey, not offended.
I had Noticed you wanted glass, Had my buddy Dave call you to tell you he had a 14 foot 3/4 inch piece of glass and you told him you wanted 5/8.

Also, wait for even small black tips, I have some experience with them and they grow far too fast. You should stick with the coral cat sharks as they are a dime a dozen and more suited to even your large (3000) gallon aquarium. Why not look at epaulettes? Horn sharks? I would stay away from the open water sharks, their requirements are well beyond the means of the average aquarist. Think about the endeavor before you take it on. You have changed your mind buying and selling things ( rock, tanks, sharks, ray) left right and centre on this board so I in my opinion you should really take a look in the mirror and make sure this is something you are committed to. You can find homes for your little " leopard sharks" a lot easier than a black tip.

Good luck with it, and If you need some help talking this through, pm me and I'll give you my number.

I just look at this and I see a recipe for disaster

Aqua Man
05-17-2011, 01:56 PM
No worries Nate...

Actually I told him I did not want it unless he could cut it smaller, he has 2 pieces one at 14' x 6' (1200lbs)and one at 14'x2'. I asked him if he would sell the smaller piece seperate but he wants to sell it all. Also he wants $2500 for the 2 of them uncut. I am afraid to cut that large of glass and have 2.5k of shards on my shop floor. I use to make aquariums but only cut up to 1/2 and 6' long. This is obviously too big for me to cut. As for the sharks....

He did call me and tell me that they are Coral cat sharks. I looked at the pictures, they do resemble them, but the eyes of a Coral Cat Shark have black pupils, my dont have pupils they are silver with lighting bolt style designs. If this is true however then I was lied to by a very reputable Calgary Salt water fish store.... As I special ordered these. I did call him, and they say they are leopard sharks.... So I am not sure at the moment, usually you trust the store you buy stuff at but we will see. As leopard sharks have 5-7 live pups, and coral cat sharks lay 2 pods in the sand.... time will tell.

Nate
05-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Hire someone reputable to cut your glass for you.

As for the sharks, I am sure there are many common names for that species and that you were not lied to.

Please be a responsible pet owner and good luck in your future endeavors.

Aqua Man
05-17-2011, 02:34 PM
...I may have mentioned 5/8" to him about if I went less in height as pressure pushes donwnward and glass thickness is determined by how high the tank is going to be. 24" high could be done with 5/8" and bracing every 36" on the top with euro bracing between the top bacings. I would not do it personally, as I have a brand new house, and young kids; but there is online thickness calculators for this.

I hope I did not offened you friend by refusing his deal. I think I will get some other pricing on precut to my size first. We do own a Window, Door and Siding company and have access to lots of glass from a factory buy mainly in the 4-6 mill area.... which is too thin. I do not own a store front so getting bigger glass is a challenge. This sucks for me as I build custom tanks into peoples houses in the winter; usually when I do basement developements, and I am stuck buying my tanks from Mitch at Bow Valley. If I had access to the glass at cost then I would cut and drill in my shop as I still have my old equipment.

Also on another note I had some things for sale but they sold. I also bought a few complete setups for certain parts, and then sold off the rest of the stuff. But in reality I still have my original 2 tanks I started with. I do however have aton of power heads #1's, 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's if you know anyone interested... I do not believe in them anymore; as I use high filtration instead.

Corey