PDA

View Full Version : My Tank is Boiling!!!

Sushiman
06-15-2002, 01:23 AM
CRAPCRAPCRAP...The lights are off, I'm dripping make-up like there's no tomorrow, fan on the sump, canopy open and she's still boiling.
My corals are shrieking in horror, several fish are freaking out especially my prized Copperband who is hiding, snout down in the corner. I think I'm going to have one hell of a crash here.
Wish me luck.
Sushi. :(

Achilles
06-15-2002, 01:32 AM
Time to pull out the Zip Loc bags and some ice cubes. Float them in the tank until the temperature is down to an appropriate level. Do not float them any longer, because a drastic temperature swing could be almost as bad as a continuously high temperature.

Goodluck!

JL has chillers on sale this month, how appropriate...

Cheers!

Sushiman
06-15-2002, 01:49 AM
if you have $900 to spare.... :(

canadawest
06-15-2002, 02:34 AM
Hey Todd, check out this thread from the Lounge:

Temp Talk (http://www.canreef.com/ubb6/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000226)

You're not the only one going through it, and I've left a handy tip for dealing with the temp troubles.

stephane
06-15-2002, 10:59 AM
This is an ID of someting Im prety shure will work
great but have not try it yet if someone want a permanent chiler for 20$ it could be a way to go
I will call it the "Stephchiler" :D

http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80764&highlight=coroplast

DJ88
06-15-2002, 02:32 PM
Sushi,

Any update? Did everything survive ok?

Sushiman
06-15-2002, 03:05 PM
Well, it's been a hard week; the heatwave has abated thank GOD. Here's the casualty list:
-Copperband Butterfly: boiled.
-Lawnmower Blenny: commited suicide via carpet.
-Colt Coral: on it's last legs, stalks are BLISTERED. Crossing my fingers.
-all my Turbos are crabfood.
-lost three heads of my frogspawn.
-Cleaner Shrimps are AWOL.
Could have been worse I guess, my green torch was expanding nicely, all the xenia survived (of course)
Derasa is fine.
I'm moving at the end of this month and the new place shouldn't have this problem. I'll buy an AC if necessary.
damn I loved that Copperband.

DJ88
06-15-2002, 03:23 PM
Sorry to heat that. :(

Copperbands are something else.