PDA

View Full Version : Mexican coral in my aquarium?

JOKERacing
05-11-2011, 03:03 AM
Hi i am a newbie here and have a simple question.

i just setup my aquarium with some live rock i bought at JL aquarium.
Its been in my aquarium for about 2 days now. So my question is i got some coral from my mother inlaw that she got in mexico. Can i just put it into my aquarium or will this do something detrimental? I have no idea what kind of rock or where she got it from only that it was from mexico?

thanks

Madreefer
05-11-2011, 03:12 AM
I brought a bunck of rock back from Punta Cana not knowing that it is illegal a few years ago. It went in my tank and I did not see any negative reactions as of yet.

eli@fijireefrock.com
05-11-2011, 03:16 AM
Hi i am a newbie here and have a simple question.

i just setup my aquarium with some live rock i bought at JL aquarium.
Its been in my aquarium for about 2 days now. So my question is i got some coral from my mother inlaw that she got in mexico. Can i just put it into my aquarium or will this do something detrimental? I have no idea what kind of rock or where she got it from only that it was from mexico?

thanks

Welcome to the board.
From what i see in the photos these are simple cacium carbonate dead coral sceleton there should be no problem what so ever to be placed into your tank and cycle with the rest of your rocks.

JOKERacing
05-11-2011, 03:26 AM
thanks for the quick responses.

JOKERacing
05-11-2011, 05:05 AM
thanks for the quick responses.

MMAX
05-11-2011, 11:48 AM
I guess I'm not the only one. I brought a few pieces of rock home with me from Puerto Rico last year. It's in my tank with no negative results.