PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Aiptasia-X

byee
05-10-2011, 06:28 AM
I have a problem with majano aiptasias in my 120 gallon tank.

I originally purchased some peppermint shrimps to manage the aiptasia. Guess the plain run of the mill aiptasia is gone. Now I've majano aiptasias growing rapidly in the tank

Has any one used Red Sea Aiptasia-X? Is it effective?

I've injected a few with lemon juice and they have not come back. Not sure how lemon juice affects the tank.

Anyone.

Aquaria
05-10-2011, 12:13 PM
I have and I found over the long term it worked better on majanos then aiptasia lol prob cuz u can see the mouth more clearly on the green guys

byee
05-20-2011, 06:30 AM
Purchased a 14 oz bottle of the Red Sea Aiptasia-X from JL for $40 and split it with a friend. It pretty well pointless buying the 2 oz bottle with a syringe for $10.

It definitely works! ALL the pumps need to be turned off so there is no water movement in the tank. It more effective with no water movement. Inject it slowly near the center of the mojanos. Give it a few seconds and you'll see a small puff when they implode. Depending on what they're attached to, they can easily to siphoned out of the tank. I had the other end of the siphon in a filter sock in my sump.

I have a small handful in my tank but much less than the 100+ from before. No ill effects to any of my corals - 1x gbta and 7x rbta.

I used about 1 to 1 1/2 oz so far. Still have 5 oz left.

IMO, the Red Sea Aiptasia-X does work - happy hunting!!