PDA

View Full Version : jbj lighting

claymax
05-10-2011, 03:19 AM
is the jbj 28 nano cube PC lighting any good?

should i make upgrading it my first priority?

lorenz0
05-10-2011, 04:35 AM
in my biocube I was keeping LPS (blasto's, acans, hammer) with no problems

RuGlu6
05-10-2011, 04:36 AM
PC light is OK if you dont have high light demanding corals, like SPS for example.
Mushrooms leathers, polyps even most LPSwill do fine under PC.
water quality is as much important as light quantity. so keep up with small but more frequent water changes. %5 tank volume is perfect for quick and easy water change.

Snaz
05-11-2011, 05:28 PM
PC light is OK if you dont have high light demanding corals, like SPS for example.
Mushrooms leathers, polyps even most LPSwill do fine under PC.
water quality is as much important as light quantity. so keep up with small but more frequent water changes. %5 tank volume is perfect for quick and easy water change.

+1 Everything RuGlu6 says here is correct. If you want that SPS look you can probably grow brown digitata with your bulbs. I have a very fast growing colony of brown digi under my stock 26w PC lighting.

makana
05-12-2011, 03:17 AM
do you have the unit already? If not you could look at getting it with the MH or the LED lighting if you want something with more demanding light requirements.

Jewel
05-17-2011, 02:28 AM
PC lighting is ok for softies and maybe LPS but if you want your Coral to thrive you'll have to upgrade to MH or LED Or even T-5. But in my opinion MH is the way to go