PDA

View Full Version : poor eel....whats up?

DOMINATOR
05-10-2011, 03:10 AM
my snowflake hasnt come out since i put her in.....i think i saw her chomp on a piece of krill, but not directly off of my stick...she hides all the time, i could never see her:sad: whats wrong? water is good....is this a common trait? are they just really shy at the beginning>>>>

The Grizz
05-10-2011, 03:15 AM
I don't see mine every day either, they seem to spend most of there time in the rocks.

Leah
05-10-2011, 03:15 AM
I think they tend to come out at night. At least mine did but now is out more in the day and especially at feeding time. :biggrin:

DOMINATOR
05-10-2011, 03:20 AM
so how and what do you feed them???

The Grizz
05-10-2011, 03:47 AM
My Pred Tank get Mysis, pellets and krill. I feed my Fuzzy Dwarf a couple krill and throw in 6 - 8 more, my eel comes out & snatches them as they flow by it seems to like the challenge.

Leah
05-10-2011, 03:58 AM
I use a feeding stick and I feed frozen Krill.

RedCoralOnlineStore
05-10-2011, 04:29 AM
Mine took over a month to start to come out regularly! Once it became more comfortable it was out alot! Particularly at feeding time but would skip a day in between feedings! Also I trained them to recognize feeding time by tapping on the rocks when I was introducing the tongs with krill on it and soon would appear each time I tapped the rocks!

The Grizz
05-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Mine took over a month to start to come out regularly! Once it became more comfortable it was out alot! Particularly at feeding time but would skip a day in between feedings! Also I trained them to recognize feeding time by tapping on the rocks when I was introducing the tongs with krill on it and soon would appear each time I tapped the rocks!

And tapping on the rocks still works Carmen :biggrin:

monocus
05-10-2011, 02:38 PM
first of all-how large is your eel-mine is 2'long and eats clams,prawns,scallops and sometimes silversides ; all that have been cut up into i/4 "pieces.it only eats just before the lights go out.they locate their food by smell as they don't see very well.they can also go without food for weeks