PDA

View Full Version : Reefers Meeting/ Edmonton- Summer

fencer
05-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Hi

Thanks to everybody who came to the meetings.

Thanks to all the vendors who participated in store tours:
Aquarium Illusions.... Randy
Blue World Aquatics...Ken
Marine Aquaria..........Josh
Red Coral Edmonton...Steve

Officially, the 7th was the last meeting before summer. They will resume in Oct officially and unofficially at BWA Frag Fest in August.

Although I heard the word BBQ at the last meeting...so there is feint hope for a get together this summer.:mrgreen:

ALang
05-08-2011, 02:26 PM
LAST ONE?? NOOOOOO....
Now where would I get my fix??

Although...I'd be too tired from all the dandelion pulling and yard work to notice, maybe??

Thanks, Fencer, for a great season. And for all the organizing, scouting out the restaurants with Steve(RCE), and putting up with all the cell phone calls of,"where the heck am I, Fencer??"

For all you people who are too shy to come out, don't be. See you all at the Frag Meet this August!

reef-keeper
05-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Had Fun at the two meetings I went to, looking forward to the fall meeings. Hopefully My tank is further along!

Edmonton newbie
05-12-2011, 12:48 AM
whats this bar b que thingy i thought SMOKER was the topic lol

ALang
05-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Me. too!! :lol:

Edmonton newbie
05-12-2011, 12:58 AM
in your yard right leny?

ALang
05-12-2011, 01:57 AM
Sure, as long as lots of someones can help me remove the weeds and lay landscape fabric, and then let me borrow a pick-up to load bark mulch first.
God! I need a drink just reading that!!
Then, we can smoker all you want here. Lots of room. Beer fridge outside...

Just like a barn-raising thing, right??

Edmonton newbie
05-15-2011, 06:18 AM
beer fridge out back here too and no pesky weeds!!! then again i have fake grass lol nothing like summer maint free lol

fencer
05-15-2011, 06:26 AM
you could smoke the weed:twised:

Edmonton newbie
05-15-2011, 06:32 AM
not into that wayne but hey whatever floats your boat lol :wink:

ALang
05-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Then it's at your place?? Edmonton Newbie!!
Fake turf is better than crack grass and dandelions all over!!
I'm considering putting that in. Then we can have some putting greens!!:razz:
We will have to pull out the spray bar and jug of chemicals that we hate soon.

But then we do have a huge deck. We can pretend that the weeds are pretty.
Wayne can help harvest the rest of the grass if he likes, free.

I need a live-in gardener. And a house-keeper. And someone else's bank account.:sad:

Hey, we went to check out that Hathtaways Diner. It has great food. Packed-full with ordinary clienteles, well-dressed and clean. The place was cosily and tastefully decorated in a new country theme. Bathroom spotless. Service outstanding.
Food delicious. Prices fair to good. Owner so very personable and pretty, imtroduced herself, and took the time and trouble to learn all our names. She didn't rush us at all.
all in all I'd go back there again.
Can't comment about the neighbourhood, didn't drive around too much there, but from what we can see around the parking lot...new large SUVs and recent model vehicles. So Wayne did a great job scouting for us, I must say.
Only thing that MAYBE a detraction: it was very busy. So I don't know if they'd appreciate us large group taking up a huge chunk of real estate on a weekend. Definitely recommend this diner to everyone who'd like to try a great Mom and Pop.

sgreen
05-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Hathaway's Diner was a very nice place to dine...I don't mind my new name....'nice lady'

fencer
05-15-2011, 02:04 PM
You mean you can't put dandelions in the smoker?:smile:

ALang
05-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Oh yes. Yes you can.:twised:

ALang
05-15-2011, 02:26 PM
I have a feeling that maybe SOME of us don't want the meets to end?

reef-keeper
05-16-2011, 06:36 PM
I myself wouldn't not go to a meeting if one was to be called anytime in the summer. Breaks up the mundane that one sometimes goes through.

ALang
05-16-2011, 10:58 PM
I hear ya!
There's only so much one can do with weeds!

sgreen
05-16-2011, 11:08 PM
There is nothing stopping us from getting together even if its over coffee somewere.

Edmonton newbie
05-17-2011, 12:19 AM
coffee somewhere? hmmm that would give me a good excuse to unhook the coffee iv i had implanted lol

ALang
05-17-2011, 02:07 AM
NO WAY!
You are WAY too calm a candidate for coffee IV!