PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Illumilux III LED Fixture - Marino Blu (36 Inch)

Pipes1234
05-05-2011, 04:47 AM
I'm wondering if this will work as a stand alone unit for a mixed reef tank with very little SPS if any at all ...... I'm just finished with my cycle and I'm thinking i might want to add some sps in the future ... i don't want to be held back by lighting but also have a cheep ass wife :P .... this price is good for me and also i will be ordering a clean up crew from jl as well since there is no LFS in my city so I'm sure i can save on shipping any thoughts ? i currently have a 36" 4 bulb t5 setup

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/vt-ldillb03/Vertex+Illumilux+III+LED+Fixture+-+Marino+Blu+(36+Inch).html

monocus
05-05-2011, 02:26 PM
the par is not that strong-i have a 2' over a 40 gal breeder with the light 6" over the water par at just below the surface -97. 4" below water line -67. 8" below -46 and at 12" -25

Pipes1234
05-05-2011, 02:57 PM
So not worth the money :)

Right on thanks for your reply :) I guess I'll just get a combo mh and t5 hood :)

monocus
05-05-2011, 03:37 PM
you might want to try and build your own.with the 3 watt leds,driver,heat sink,etc,you could probably build one for the same price.i have a 5' illumina which is doing a fairly good job at 70 % of the power and am in the process of building a 50 watt led sump light.i just decided to try out the illuinlux as an experiment over a shrimp breeder.there are also various led bulbs that i have that i am going to experiment with that are 9 watters(3 3watt leds)