PDA

View Full Version : Vortech mp10es - help please

doch
05-04-2011, 08:49 PM
So, rumour has it that the cause to my problem (vibration noise from the motor portion of the vortech) was when my rbta and my mp10 argued, nem died, and vortech fell off of the tank. Anybody know any tricks to fix it, or do I need to replace the motor?

globaldesigns
05-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Are you saying that the actual dry side or motor fell to the ground? If so, I guess you didn't use the glass mounts and ties.... If the motor bent or is damaged, then most likely you will need to buy a new one, and they are not cheap.

Please explain if the motor still works or spins up. If it does, is it just noisy now?

BlueTang<3
05-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Right from vortech says do not drop or bump the 10's as they are super sensitive. It comes down to what do u have to lose now its noisy and u will need a new one so why not rip it apart and see if maybe the magnets or something is cracked or loose.

doch
05-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Yeah, it still spins, and pump water.... and no... I did not use any glass mounts and ties... oops!

I guess I'll see what I can do about MacGyvering it... if it doesn't work, well, I guess I buy a new one.

Wes, you say the 10's specifically are sensitive... 40's and 60's not so much?

Madreefer
07-15-2011, 07:38 PM
You might as well take it apart and inspect it. Your warranty is shot anyways. My bearings were too loud and due too the big hassle with trying to get quick warranty issues solved I decided to replace the bearings myself. There is a posting on RC that walks you through the process. Bearings are alot cheaper than a new motor if that's the problem.

Madreefer
07-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Here's the link

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1901337