PDA

View Full Version : picasso clowns spotted in calgary

Kryptic4L
05-03-2011, 02:58 PM
just letting people know I saw a pair of very nice picasso clowns at a store in calgary, ill just say the place has a large shark tank inside.

anyways ive been looking for a set of this quality for awhile now. but had to pass due to the state of my tank at the moment.

Ryan
05-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Those 2 little guys have been in there for a while now. They are nice little clowns. Pisces had some nice ORA clowns last time we were up. Platinums, midnights, piccassos and snowflakes. Its good to see some different stuff coming this way for decent prices. I would really like to buy a midnight to pair with my Wyoming White.

Timbits
05-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Those 2 little guys have been in there for a while now. They are nice little clowns. Pisces had some nice ORA clowns last time we were up. Platinums, midnights, piccassos and snowflakes. Its good to see some different stuff coming this way for decent prices. I would really like to buy a midnight to pair with my Wyoming White.

Hi Ryan, is your wyoming white paired with another clown right now or is it lonely? lol

Ryan
05-03-2011, 08:39 PM
He is paired with a australian black right now.

Timbits
05-03-2011, 08:45 PM
He is paired with a australian black right now.

That is interesting..... any pictures? :mrgreen:

Ryan
05-03-2011, 09:08 PM
I think theres some in my build thread.

lorenz0
05-03-2011, 09:47 PM
they had snowflakes. I'm looking for someone cool to pair with my osc.

Timbits
05-03-2011, 09:51 PM
I think theres some in my build thread.

Wow. what a beauty. i think wyoming whites look so much nicer than platinums. it'll be interesting to see what their offspring looks like if they ever start spawning.

Ryan
05-03-2011, 10:23 PM
The female has started nest building but I think the male is too young yet. Im
Hoping with the black mixed in it takes over the orange for a white fish with a black face and fins.

Big Al's had snowflakes a while back same with pisces. It seems both stores order from ORA consistantly. Blueworld does as well but i havent seen him advertise an order latley, might wantto get intouch with him. AI orders from ORA as well.

noirsphynx
05-03-2011, 11:39 PM

I was thinking of doing the exact same with my snowflake but the husband didn't like them so I went with a semi-snowflake. I still really want a pair of midnights though.

Ryan
05-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I made a frag section in my sump especially for a pair of really nice snowflakes!!

BTW my other half dislike the Wyoming White as well thats why she had to get "her" clownfish.

Money pit
05-04-2011, 12:24 AM
I saw those Picassos and thought they were pretty cool, then I saw the price :puppydog: Is that the going rate for these guys?

Magma
05-04-2011, 02:49 AM
just letting people know I saw a pair of very nice picasso clowns at a store in calgary, ill just say the place has a large shark tank inside.

anyways ive been looking for a set of this quality for awhile now. but had to pass due to the state of my tank at the moment.

those have been there since before Xmas and kind of expensive IMO, really nice looking but comes down to it still just a clown.

Ryan
05-04-2011, 04:34 AM
those have been there since before Xmas and kind of expensive IMO, really nice looking but comes down to it still just a clown.

I used to think that too. But once you get a clown (or any other fish) that the average reefer doesnt see in any other tank it makes it worth it. People come over, compliment and drool when they see your high end fish; it makes the price tag worth it.

George
05-04-2011, 04:56 AM
Get the fish that excites you, not other people.

Magma
05-04-2011, 05:41 AM
Get the fish that excites you, not other people.

Exactly! Build your tank for you not others, I choose to have a pair of standard Ocellaris clowns and in my wifes tank we went with a pair of "Emo Nemos" (Black & White Ocellaris Clownfish).

Timbits
05-04-2011, 06:24 AM
Im
Hoping with the black mixed in it takes over the orange for a white fish with a black face and fins.

That would be CRAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: