PDA

View Full Version : LF: Aquarium retailer/builder in Calgary

Myka
05-02-2011, 03:22 AM
Someone told me about a company in Calgary that sells tanks at wholesale-type prices. He said he came across a website that listed many different sizes of new tanks for close to $1/gallon. Anyone have any idea what company this might be?

The Grizz
05-02-2011, 03:35 AM
I think I seen an add on kijiji

Palmer
05-02-2011, 03:59 AM
It sounds like you are refering to source aquatics which I believe is a business partner or new name for bow valley aquarium (not really sure.) Here is the last website I am aware of but the new link doesnt appear to work.

http://sourceaquatics.webs.com/

Myka
05-02-2011, 04:03 AM
Ah thanks Grizz, I just found B&I Aquariums and Terrariums on Kijiji. I wonder if that was it. $2/gallon ain't bad.

Palmer, I found SourceAquatics too, but the website doesn't really work...nothing on it. I will try calling. Good to know it is Bow Valley though...according to reviews I'm not sure I want to do any business there.

The Grizz
05-02-2011, 04:05 AM
That's the one that I seen.

corrosionjerry
05-02-2011, 04:09 AM
Source aquatics went out of busness several months ago... divorce from what I understand... he was getting tanks from Bow builders / tanks that they had built and were having trouble selling...

Ryan
05-02-2011, 04:15 AM
You get for what you pay for especially with Mitch (Bow Valley) Tanks. Dealing with Mitch is like a kick in the balls, never pleasant.

Give Dave at Concept a PM you would be surprised with what comes back price wise. The build is 10x better than BV tanks and he is alot easier to deal with.

The Grizz
05-02-2011, 04:18 AM
You get for what you pay for especially with Mitch (Bow Valley) Tanks. Dealing with Mitch is like a kick in the balls, never pleasant.

Give Dave at Concept a PM you would be surprised with what comes back price wise. The build is 10x better than BV tanks and he is alot easier to deal with.

+1,000,000 Dave is hands down a super nice guy to deal with.

Myka
05-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the update Jerry. The ad on Kijiji is pretty fresh though...kinda weird.

I am actually going to Calgary on Tuesday to pick up a new reef tank from Dave at Concept. I wanted to pick up a few small tanks too, but the time frame is too short (didn't think of it until today when a local deal for some used tanks didn't work out 100%).

Polscot
05-03-2011, 03:42 AM
im currently getting a 140 gallon set up from B&I aquarium for 250$ hella good deals and there in stock tanks are even better deals, if your interested in a custom tank or just a cheap used tank definatly check these guys out they've been building tanks for 37 years

Ryan
05-03-2011, 03:47 AM
Let us know how this Plays out. I know a member on here that bought a tank through them. When the day came and he went to get it the tank wasnt even assembled. But the owner said for a case of beer he could have it ready in an hour. Its too bad he paid in full otherwise i am sure he would have told them to FO

xblade
05-03-2011, 04:18 AM
B & I IS BVA....You just don't have to deal with Mitch directly.Untill you have to wait a week to a month longer for your tank to be completed.Then it becomes clear who you are dealing with. lol
BUT, I have had 2 tanks built there.And I got what I expected for the price.Other than the wait both times...I was happy with with the product.

MMAX
05-03-2011, 03:07 PM
I could tell you a couple of good ones from BVA from my experiences with them also.

Ryan-b
05-04-2011, 02:11 AM
I just picked up my new 150g(48x30x24) from B&I today ordered it 1 week ago today. I dealt with Mitch directly through the whole process, and must say he was nothing, but great with me. Tank looks awesome cant wait to get it setup.

xblade
05-04-2011, 03:00 AM
Mitch is cool...I think sometimes he just pushes the custom work back ,when he has a large order to fill for stores.
You caught him when things were slow . :)
Put up some pics when the setup begins.

justincgdick
05-04-2011, 04:40 AM
I've been told that when dealing with Mitch, tell him you need the tank 1-2 months before you actually need it. Then it will be right on time.

Myka
05-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Well, I was there and back in SK now. Didn't pick up any small tanks. But I got a new reef tank from Dave at Concept. Looks pretty spiffy. :D

Reefrookie79
05-04-2011, 05:18 AM
Where exactly is this place?? I would like a new

Myka
05-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Concept Aquariums is in Calgary.