PDA

View Full Version : How many salt water fish store in lower mainland

Namscam
01-14-2004, 06:58 AM
I was just curious about how many salt water fish stores are in the lower mainland. it would be helpful if you could specify the city but it would be great if there was an address attached too. :biggrin:

sumpfinfishe
01-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Here's some off the top of my head:

Big Al's>>>Rmd

Superpet>>>Rmd

Ocean Aquatics>>>Delta

Perky Pets>>>New West

King Ed's>>>New West

J & L>>>Burn

Big Al's>>>Coq

Paul's Aquarium>>>Srry

Fishworld Pets>>>Srry

Petland>>>Lang

Hidden Reef>>> Abbtsfrd

I'm know there are more but it's late and I'm tired :rolleyes:

If you want the addresses pick up your nearest phone book :mrgreen:

P.S. How's the frags doing there Ritchie?

Samw
01-14-2004, 07:29 AM
Here's some off the top of my head:

Big Al's>>>Coq

I believe its actually on the Burnaby side of North Rd. :smile: So technically, its in Burnaby and not Coquitlam.

Some to add to the list:

Aquafanatics -> Richmond

Richmond Pets (formerly in Parker Place, moved to new location) -> Richmond

Aquariums West -> West End Vancouver

Petcetera -> Various

sumpfinfishe
01-14-2004, 07:38 AM
Oh yeah! :rolleyes:
Well most people I know in the hobby don't refer to it as Big Al's on the west side of Burnaby, they just say Big Al's Coquitlam :razz: :mrgreen:

So how's that new bubble gum frag doing there Sam, I'm surprised you haven't posted up some pictures of it yet :biggrin:

Samw
01-14-2004, 07:55 AM
they just say Big Al's Coquitlam :razz: :mrgreen:

That's just WEIRD. :lol: We need to fix that habit.

http://www.aquariumservices.com/store_burn.html

So how's that new bubble gum frag doing there Sam, I'm surprised you haven't posted up some pictures of it yet :biggrin:

Good point. I better start snapping the BEFORE pics.

Namscam
01-14-2004, 07:57 AM
the frags are looking great Rich..
Thanks for the frags

BCOrchidGuy
01-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Yeah I call it big Hells in Coquitlam as well.

King Eds is in Burnaby however, Kingsway and 18th ave, New west starts at 10th Ave.

Doug

Gujustud
01-15-2004, 07:04 AM
Even though I live only 5 minutes away, I found out yesterday from a few friends that there is a store at Blundell center in Richmond.

Fin-Omenal Fish
8180 No. 2 Rd #160,

Right next to the Shoppers Drug Mart. I went to check them out today. 2 ladies run the place, and I spoke with one for a bit. She was very nice and helpful. She said that they have been there for about 2 years, and were only freshwater. Just in Nov '03 they started into saltwater. They just have a few tanks right now (about 6). Everything she said was setup by Coast Mountain, which is where she gets all her livestock. She took me in the back and showed me what runs the tanks they got, and their massive skimmer! First one I've seen up close thats so big!

I didn't look into the pricing or anything, but just took a quick look around. Not a big place, but very close by to home (for myself). LR for $5.88 I believe.

BCOrchidGuy
01-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Gujustud, I've known Kate and Dawn for a number of years. They are great ladies and will help you with anything you want. They are very active in the Vancouver Betta Club and host the meetings in their store at no cost to the club. You're lucky to live so close by.

Doug

Gujustud
01-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Gujustud, I've known Kate and Dawn for a number of years. They are great ladies and will help you with anything you want. They are very active in the Vancouver Betta Club and host the meetings in their store at no cost to the club. You're lucky to live so close by.

Doug

Good to know!

I found they also have a website:

http://www.fin-omenalfish.com/fish.htm

redstorm63
01-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Hey Doug! Thanks for the good words! We finally seem to be cycled, with the salt. The boys at Coast Mountain have been a big help. We got a few new fish in today, lawn mower blennie, 2 fire shrimp, pygmy angel, a couple of awesome yellow tangs, a kole tang, a nice peacock lionfish, and 4-5 assorted wrasses. got some nice pieces of fiji premium LR left. I personally am having more fun with the LR. Its amazing to watch it coming to life. seems like everyday something new shows up. Hope to see you at the bcba meeting on the first. later................

BCOrchidGuy
01-16-2004, 11:45 PM
Sounds great, I'll be there.

Doug

Van down by the river
01-17-2004, 01:35 AM
Everyone always forgets Colin at:

Coral Ocean Aquarium on Kingsway at Boundry. 604-733-1888
I have found many gems in this little store. I suggest you make friends with Colin as he's a really great guy when you get to know him.

Namscam
01-17-2004, 01:38 AM
didnt even know there was a fish store there...hmm guess I ll be checking that out sometime tomorrow

LostMind
01-17-2004, 01:51 AM
Wow, I used to live a couple blocks from kingsway and boundary and didnt even know there was a fish store there... it must be small.

Time for a fish store hunt for me :)

BCOrchidGuy
01-17-2004, 02:26 AM
Coral Ocean has been there for a while, it's about two blocks west of Boundary road. If you are going to make a special trip phone and find out if he's there, he isn't always there when the store is supposed to be open.

Doug

saltcreep
01-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Scratch Aquafanatics (Richmond) off the list. The store was destroyed in a fire (suspected arson) on Sunday night about 3am. There is a story in the;

www.richmondreview.com

Sorry I don't have the link for the article but it was on the first page.

Gujustud
01-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Scratch Aquafanatics (Richmond) off the list. The store was destroyed in a fire (suspected arson) on Sunday night about 3am. There is a story in the;

www.richmondreview.com

Sorry I don't have the link for the article but it was on the first page.

OMG! Thats nuts! I was trying to access their website a few days ago, and was wondering why it wasn't working. Thats too bad, they had a really nice setup on the back wall in there.

Gujustud
01-22-2004, 06:33 PM
Has anyone heard of Dr. Fish?

http://www.drfish.ca

http://www.drfish.ca/DrFish-CustomImage4.jpg

Now that is cool!