PDA

View Full Version : Is There SPS Food That Can Be Dosed With a Dosing Pump?

viperfish
04-28-2011, 04:22 AM
I would like to automate feeding for my SPS and I don't really want to get into plankton reactors. Is there anything liquid food that can be kept in a container for extended periods and dosed with a peristaltic dosing pump?

Dez
04-28-2011, 05:32 AM
I don't feed my sps an they grow like crazy. I guess the only food type thing I feed is coral vitalizer (koralin zucht). I only put 8 drops daily for a 350 gal system thoug.

phi delt reefer
04-28-2011, 11:18 AM
what about that Marine Snow stuff?

SORUCE:
http://www.marinedepot.com/fish_food_two_little_fishies_marinesnow_plankton_d iet-ap.html

The formula for Two Little Fishies MarineSnow Plankton Diet is based on natural components of ocean plankton, does not contain yeast or egg solids, and is blended to provide food packages of the right size range for filter feeders. The formula includes suspended microscopic particles ranging in size from under 20 microns up to 150 microns, and the colloidal clumps formed when it mixes with seawater are macroscopic. Ideal food for soft and stony corals, anemones, hydrozoans, feather duster worms, clams, crinoids (feather stars), sponges, tunicates (sea squirts), foraminiferans, and other filter feeders. Shrimps, brittle stars and even fishes will eat MarineSnow colloids. Two Little Fishies MarineSnow Plankton Diet therefore replicates plankton feeding behaviors for these creatures.

Red Coral Aquariums
04-28-2011, 03:09 PM
1) Live Phyto Plankton.
2) Most of the Zeo food products
3) Any Liquid based foods

Kevin

fencer
04-28-2011, 03:56 PM
I have tried this before. Particles tend to settle in the tubing. The only way around this was to run continuously. I was feeding sun corals. There was a stirrer in the feed tank and I was running a diaphragm pump...in the end it clogged the pipes. I would also have to turn the skimmer off to do this. Particles have to be small enough to stay in suspension.

wickedfrags
04-28-2011, 05:26 PM
What he said below. Consistent levels of calcium, alkalinity and magnessium are key...............assuming you have strong lighting.

I don't feed my sps an they grow like crazy.