PDA

View Full Version : GOOD JOB CANUCKS!!!

Rogue951
04-27-2011, 06:14 AM
Sorry... Had to do it. =)

Kavy
04-27-2011, 06:30 AM
Wooot! I dont think I have any Nails left.

htfn
04-27-2011, 07:05 AM
thank god for Burrows

Bblinks
04-27-2011, 07:31 AM
I swear there is no way I can go through that again. I nearly had a stroke and a heartattack at the same time. At least it was all worth it. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! We are number one. We are number one.:mrgreen:

dsaundry
04-27-2011, 03:46 PM
You all realize you havent won the cup yet? You still have 12 more wins to go, and being that they are the biggest bunch of under-achievers since "The Bay City Rollers":biggrin: I think your chances of actually winning the cup are still pretty slim. Presidents trophy or not, Chicago exposed a whole bunch of problems with your team and you can bet other teams are going to exploit it. Good luck though:lol:

cale262
04-27-2011, 03:51 PM
I watched the game last night, it was a good game but I was already for an epic Nuck play-off choke they are so famous for,...I guess I was wrong...this time :behindsofa:

sphelps
04-27-2011, 03:53 PM
Furthest thing from being number one, you beat the 8th place team in game 7 overtime. Congrats on the win but don't get too excited just yet.

Lance
04-27-2011, 04:36 PM
For all you naysayers:
The first round is quite often the hardest. Chicago very nearly lost to Nashville last year in the first round. I'm hoping the Canucks get on a roll now; forty years is long enough! I'm not sure I can handle many more games like that though: my ass cheeks just came unclenched an hour ago. :mrgreen:

Bblinks
04-27-2011, 04:41 PM
I am happy that they beat the black hawks. Anything else is just gravy.:mrgreen:

sphelps
04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Well it'll be interesting to see how they pan out with the Olympic streak behind them.

Lance
04-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Well it'll be interesting to see how they pan out with the Olympic streak behind them.

Yeah, three-for-three would be cool.

Treebeard
04-27-2011, 05:06 PM
The Canucks have a good team but to win a cup the best player on your team has to be your goal tender and this is definitely not the case with Luongo. He made a few good saves last night but most of them were just a result of the puck hitting him because he is big. He still coughs up too many fat rebounds and flops around like a fish out of water. All the same, it would be great to see a Canucks vs. Habs final.

DAVE
04-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Nothing impressive about that win at all. The Sedin twins are still playing poorly and its a guess each night as to whether Luongo is going to show up.

GO WINGS!

Lance
04-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Nothing impressive about that win at all. The Sedin twins are still playing poorly and its a guess each night as to whether Luongo is going to show up.

GO WINGS!

Yes, Henrik isn't playing well, (but Bolden's gone now), and even not at his best Daniel's got 5 goals (third in the playoffs). As for Luongo, if he falters Scneider's one of the best back-ups in the league. Wouldn't be the first time a youngster took his team to the cup. Remember Cam Ward?

Rogue951
04-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Furthest thing from being number one, you beat the 8th place team in game 7 overtime. Congrats on the win but don't get too excited just yet.

Atleast we made playoffs.
=)

Rogue951
04-27-2011, 06:14 PM
You all realize you havent won the cup yet? You still have 12 more wins to go, and being that they are the biggest bunch of under-achievers since "The Bay City Rollers":biggrin: I think your chances of actually winning the cup are still pretty slim. Presidents trophy or not, Chicago exposed a whole bunch of problems with your team and you can bet other teams are going to exploit it. Good luck though:lol:

You realize this wasn't about the cup... it was about breaking the Blackhawk curse right?

sphelps
04-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Atleast we made playoffs.
=)
Exactly why canuck fans have such a bad rap :rolleyes:

DAVE
04-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Yes, Henrik isn't playing well, (but Bolden's gone now), and even not at his best Daniel's got 5 goals (third in the playoffs). As for Luongo, if he falters Scneider's one of the best back-ups in the league. Wouldn't be the first time a youngster took his team to the cup. Remember Cam Ward?

I do remember Cam Ward, but he is one of the exceptions not the norm. Daniel was fine in the first 3 games, but where was he the last 3 games? 1pt in the last 3 games???? Not looking like the star he was in the regular season (seems to be a trend for these brothers during the playoffs). I just don't think they have that killer instinct great players have. I could be wrong, but they have yet to prove this otherwise.

Unless there number 1 line picks up there game, they have no chance. Chicago was in 8th place for a reason. Curse or not!

GO WINGS!

DAVE
04-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Exactly why canuck fans have such a bad rap :rolleyes:

You think Canuck fans are bad? You should live in the GTA area. Dumb Toronto fans everywhere you turn. Leaf fans are by far the worst!

DAVE
04-27-2011, 07:40 PM
I forgot......

GO WINGS! :mrgreen:

Canuckgod420
04-27-2011, 08:05 PM

Under achievers?

117 pts in the regular season is far from under achieving.

Chowder
04-27-2011, 08:14 PM

I am a Canucks fan but GO Canadians GO.

Lance
04-27-2011, 10:20 PM
I do remember Cam Ward, but he is one of the exceptions not the norm. Daniel was fine in the first 3 games, but where was he the last 3 games? 1pt in the last 3 games???? Not looking like the star he was in the regular season (seems to be a trend for these brothers during the playoffs). I just don't think they have that killer instinct great players have. I could be wrong, but they have yet to prove this otherwise.

Unless there number 1 line picks up there game, they have no chance. Chicago was in 8th place for a reason. Curse or not!

GO WINGS!

Chicago won last year with rookie Niemi.
Although I do agree with you that the Sedins have not played as well as they can in the playoffs, they're not as bad as many people think. In the last 3 years of playoffs Daniel has 31 pts. in 29 games and Henrik has 29 pts. in 29 games. And don't forget Vancouver has a pretty damn good 2nd line and respectable 3rd and 4th lines. :biggrin:

zum14
04-28-2011, 04:01 AM

Agree with this 100% but the ticket i think is Vigneault needs to see when lou isnt playing or coughing up too many rebounds and get scneider in before its 5-0. Im just not a lou fan. You cant hang on to them all but your supposed to knock rebounds off to the side, not up the slot. And everyones telling me around here that he came out and played the last game, ok, but a stanley cup goalie cant "show up" and play every 3 or 4 games. Hes got to be there every night and sometimes he has to be the guy the team leans on to pull them through if there not getting anything together. I just dont see him doing that. Had some good defence last game too. Also have to bow to crawford a bit too he kept that game close. Some of them stops were unbeliveable.

Rogue951
04-28-2011, 04:28 AM
Jeez guys. I'm just going one game at a time.
I don't know what get's people going more, This or tangs in a tank less than 90G. =P

Rogue951
05-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Thread Revival...

On to Round 3 !!!!!

Lance
05-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Thread Revival...

On to Round 3 !!!!!

Just 8 more wins Baby!

MKLKT
05-12-2011, 01:44 AM
Can't wait! I think everyone fell asleep during that Nashville series. I honestly thought SJ was going to finally prove me wrong about their work ethic and then started to (bad pun) tank.

It's always the 'other guys' that I've appreciated and where I think Gillis did the best job rounding out the bottom of the roster. Tambellini, Higgins, Lapierre, Rome, Alberts, etc. that's the big difference this year. Vancouver has for the most part been considerably more disciplined this year (Burrows and Kes from the start, Lapierre since arriving.) It's a good atmosphere of personal responsibility. Hopefully Hank and Dank getting goals in the last two games is the start of more offensive play in round 3.

Lance
05-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Can't wait! I think everyone fell asleep during that Nashville series. I honestly thought SJ was going to finally prove me wrong about their work ethic and then started to (bad pun) tank.

It's always the 'other guys' that I've appreciated and where I think Gillis did the best job rounding out the bottom of the roster. Tambellini, Higgins, Lapierre, Rome, Alberts, etc. that's the big difference this year. Vancouver has for the most part been considerably more disciplined this year (Burrows and Kes from the start, Lapierre since arriving.) It's a good atmosphere of personal responsibility. Hopefully Hank and Dank getting goals in the last two games is the start of more offensive play in round 3.

Yup, we really need the Sedins to get going. Hard to imagine winning the cup with your top two scorers not contributing. That's like Detroit without Datsyuk & Zetterberg, SJ without Thornton & Heatley or TB without Stamkos & St. Louis.

dsaundry
05-12-2011, 03:48 AM
It's only an achievment if you can put together 16 wins in the playoffs. What a team does in the regular season is irrelevant unless they can back it up in the playoffs. You can have the best record in the regular season and look nothing more than average in the playoffs. Winning the Presidents trophy is usually a death sentence in the playoffs. If the only one contributing to the offence is Kesler the Canucks are doomed to be runner up's, no matter what Luongo is like. Chicago and Nashville have made the Canucks look very ordinary and very beatable. Whether is San Jose or Detroit I wouldn't be betting the farm on them going to the finals unless there is some dramatic improvement from the other players. I am hoping for a Boston/Vancouver final as most of my family are die-hard Canuck fans and being a Bruin's fan I am really hoping for a good final but I think the Bruins will roll over the Canucks if they meet for the cup.

PoonTang
05-12-2011, 04:35 AM
The Canucks will win the Stanley Cup, its written in the stars:
1976 Montreal hosted Olympic--->1977 Montreal President Trophy Winner---->1977 Montreal Stanley Cup Winner
1988 Calgary hosted Olympic--->1989 Calgary President Trophy Winner--->1989 Calgary Stanley Cup Winner
2010 Vancouver hosted Olympic--->2011 Vancouver President Trophy Winner--->2011 ?????

MKLKT
05-12-2011, 05:22 AM
It's only an achievment if you can put together 16 wins in the playoffs. What a team does in the regular season is irrelevant unless they can back it up in the playoffs. You can have the best record in the regular season and look nothing more than average in the playoffs. Winning the Presidents trophy is usually a death sentence in the playoffs. If the only one contributing to the offence is Kesler the Canucks are doomed to be runner up's, no matter what Luongo is like. Chicago and Nashville have made the Canucks look very ordinary and very beatable. Whether is San Jose or Detroit I wouldn't be betting the farm on them going to the finals unless there is some dramatic improvement from the other players. I am hoping for a Boston/Vancouver final as most of my family are die-hard Canuck fans and being a Bruin's fan I am really hoping for a good final but I think the Bruins will roll over the Canucks if they meet for the cup.

You can say that about each of the teams in the playoffs. Montreal almost got rid of the B's as well, and Detroit/SJ both have had huge problems in their own ways. Tampa is the team I'd be most worried about and even then it's the same deal with the stars being inconsistent too. Honestly each of the final 5 times at the moment has under performing top liners for various reasons. I don't think people gave Nashville nor Chicago enough credit. Rinne is one of the other 2 Vezina candidates for good reason, that whole team plays its system to a T. It is just Lemaire-esque boring!

dsaundry
05-12-2011, 08:38 PM
You can say that about each of the teams in the playoffs.

I think I did.:biggrin:

sphelps
05-12-2011, 08:44 PM
The Canucks will win the Stanley Cup, its written in the stars:
1976 Montreal hosted Olympic--->1977 Montreal President Trophy Winner---->1977 Montreal Stanley Cup Winner
1988 Calgary hosted Olympic--->1989 Calgary President Trophy Winner--->1989 Calgary Stanley Cup Winner
2010 Vancouver hosted Olympic--->2011 Vancouver President Trophy Winner--->2011 ?????
Does this make them more likely to win or less likely? Statistically speaking it would be less. ;)

Lance
05-25-2011, 04:54 AM
:bananajump: Stanley Cup: Here we come!

And for all you nay sayers :tongue1:

muck
05-25-2011, 05:00 AM
:bananajump: Stanley Cup: Here we come!

And for all you nay sayers :tongue1:

Maybe the world did end on the weekend after all... :eek:

Treebeard
05-25-2011, 05:00 AM
Shouldn't have gone to OT. Nice call on the icing in the final seconds of the third linesmen.

xblade
05-25-2011, 05:15 AM
Shouldn't have gone to OT. Nice call on the icing in the final seconds of the third linesmen.

Lots of missed calls tonight on both sides,but that 1 was huge. :) It's a game of luck and bounces sometimes.And man, enough of em finally went the Knucks way tonight.. WooooHoooo

Go Canucks!

Rogue951
05-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!! !
I neeed to find an inflatable shark and mount it on the front of my bus tomorrow!!!! but I can't find one!!!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
05-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Great job tonight Lou!!!! He finally stole a game for the Nucks. One of his best games this playoffs. Hope this gives him the confidence in the next, final round. Glad Lou & the Sedins have NOT been listening to all their critics. However, against Thomas (if they meet the Bruins), they're going to need more shots on goal than 20 or so.

Until the replay from a different angle, I thought the goal went in off Edler's shot off the glass. Didn't see Bieksa's almost fan-shot on net. Actually, it was a good thing he shot it like that since a straight proper shot might have simply bounced off Niemi's pads.

Anthony

Samw
05-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Does this make them more likely to win or less likely? Statistically speaking it would be less. ;)

Statistically, as winner of the President cup, they are more likely to win than any other seed (if the statistics below are accurate).

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2011/04/02/the-presidents-trophy-curse-2/

"Since 93/94, the President Cup winner won more cups than any other seed. They lost less in Round one than any other seed. They lost less in Round 2 than any other seed. They went to at least the 3rd round more than any other seed (11 times)."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/373490-the-curse-of-the-presidents-trophy-fact-or-fiction

"In the 27 seasons starting with 1981-82, of the teams that led the NHL in points during the regular season:
• 12 have gone all the way to the Stanley Cup finals (45 percent).
• Three-quarters of those teams have won the cup (9 of 12)
• 19 have made it to at least the Conference finals (70 percent)
• Only four have been eliminated in the first round (15 percent)
Conclusion: There is no Presidents' Trophy curse. If history is any guide, the team that leads the NHL in regular season points is four to five times more likely than any other team in the playoffs to make it into the Stanley Cup finals, and seven to eight times more likely to win the Cup."

DAVE
05-25-2011, 11:33 AM
What a disappointment last night. SJ got the worst bounces possible.

Canucks will loose the finals in 5.

sphelps
05-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Statistically, as winner of the President cup, they are more likely to win than any other seed (if the statistics below are accurate).

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2011/04/02/the-presidents-trophy-curse-2/

"Since 93/94, the President Cup winner won more cups than any other seed. They lost less in Round one than any other seed. They lost less in Round 2 than any other seed. They went to at least the 3rd round more than any other seed (11 times)."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/373490-the-curse-of-the-presidents-trophy-fact-or-fiction

"In the 27 seasons starting with 1981-82, of the teams that led the NHL in points during the regular season:
• 12 have gone all the way to the Stanley Cup finals (45 percent).
• Three-quarters of those teams have won the cup (9 of 12)
• 19 have made it to at least the Conference finals (70 percent)
• Only four have been eliminated in the first round (15 percent)
Conclusion: There is no Presidents' Trophy curse. If history is any guide, the team that leads the NHL in regular season points is four to five times more likely than any other team in the playoffs to make it into the Stanley Cup finals, and seven to eight times more likely to win the Cup."
I think you missed my point. While those are very nice stats but my point was concluding a win based on Olympic games location as a result of previous coincidences is like concluding the 4th coin will land on heads as a result of 3 previous coins landing on heads. I would agree there is no presidents curse as the top team in the league should go far, pretty simple. In addition I don't buy into other curses and so called streaks which seem to be ever so popular in the sports world these days.

MKLKT
05-25-2011, 01:55 PM

Guess the fortuitous bounce that led to SJ's 2nd goal wasn't anything... They had 4 prior games to be better. Sorry.

gobytron
05-25-2011, 02:14 PM

The worst bounes off of lous pads?

Do comments like this honestly make you feel any better at all?

I read that what you dont see in the picture of the shark eating the hockey stick on san jose's logo is that the shark actually chokes hard on that stick after the fact.

DAVE
05-25-2011, 02:32 PM
The worst bounes off of lous pads?

Do comments like this honestly make you feel any better at all?

I read that what you dont see in the picture of the shark eating the hockey stick on san jose's logo is that the shark actually chokes hard on that stick after the fact.

I am not a SJ fan, however commenting on choking from a Canucks fan is hilarious.

Keep them coming :)

parkinsn
05-25-2011, 02:44 PM

I agree with both comments.

I now hate Bieksa more than ever.

tony_3a
05-25-2011, 04:09 PM
I love all the people talking about Canucks getting the bounces, Oh and like sharks first goal was not a lucky bounce? The guys saying they are chokers, I could be wrong but they did just win the last two series in under 7, Its always funny to see the people from alberta bitching, well I dont blame them all they have to cheer for is edmonton and calgary, I would be pretty bitter too.

I guess all I am really saying, is shut up, go golfing with Iginla and Hall, and just sit back and watch the canucks win the cup, something neither of your teams are going to do for a very very long time.

And one last thing, you guys are going to bitch about luo, REALLY after that game last night lol, granted one bad goal here and there, but he was a major reason we won this series.

sphelps
05-25-2011, 04:13 PM
I guess all I am really saying, is shut up, go golfing with Iginla and Hall, and just sit back and watch the canucks win the cup, something neither of your teams are going to do for a very very long time.

Calgary was pretty close not too long ago. We'll see how they do but I'm going to make you eat these words if/when they loose :wink:

tony_3a
05-25-2011, 04:19 PM
I forgot to mention the fact that not only would people from alberta be better, but people from ontario do not have much to boast about either, ottawa really, I dont even have to say anything about them, then there is toronto, plays just good enough at the end of the year to keep the fools coming back.

Once again, just be quiet and watch them take it home.

Ps I said earlier that edmonton has nothing to be happy about, but look on the bright side, you did get the #1 pick in the draft :)

parkinsn
05-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Ps I said earlier that edmonton has nothing to be happy about, but look on the bright side, you did get the #1 pick in the draft :)

Twice, no? Didnt they get it last year as well?

tony_3a
05-25-2011, 04:33 PM
You are right, at least there is one thing they are good at winning, its sure as hell not games!

Twice, no? Didnt they get it last year as well?

Treebeard
05-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Somebody is getting a wee bit testy. Perchance your confidence in the Canucks is not on solid foundations? :lol:

I forgot to mention the fact that not only would people from alberta be better, but people from ontario do not have much to boast about either, ottawa really, I dont even have to say anything about them, then there is toronto, plays just good enough at the end of the year to keep the fools coming back.

Once again, just be quiet and watch them take it home.

sphelps
05-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Somebody is getting a wee bit testy. Perchance your confidence in the Canucks is not on solid foundations? :lol:
What do you mean the Canucks won the cup in..... oh wait never. Perhaps that's why Canuck fans are so "testy" as they have much more to prove and of course more likely loose. Us Albertans have been there, done that.

tony_3a
05-25-2011, 04:52 PM
I am confident they could/will win, but they could also lose, all im saying is that people that dont even have a shot, or wont for a very long time should just keep their mouths shut and let us enjoy it :D

But lets all be realistic, do you think boston and tampa, who are struggling to just get out of that series are going to have a chance with against the canucks with daniel and hendrik back, kesler seems alright after looking a bit shaky at the beginning of the game, and luongo playing well?

Also this is just the way i look at it, you think that you would want a canadian team to win the cup more than a american team if you are from canada.... I know i was cheering/betting like a mad man for calgary to make it, just so canada could have a better chance and theres one less american team.

Treebeard
05-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Wait a second...you said daniel, hendrik...then you went on to say Canadian team. A quick check of the Canucks roster shows 17 Canadians and 15 imports. Yup, the Canucks are Canada's team!

I am confident they could/will win, but they could also lose, all im saying is that people that dont even have a shot, or wont for a very long time should just keep their mouths shut and let us enjoy it :D

But lets all be realistic, do you think boston and tampa, who are struggling to just get out of that series are going to have a chance with against the canucks with daniel and hendrik back, kesler seems alright after looking a bit shaky at the beginning of the game, and luongo playing well?

Also this is just the way i look at it, you think that you would want a canadian team to win the cup more than a american team if you are from canada.... I know i was cheering/betting like a mad man for calgary to make it, just so canada could have a better chance and theres one less american team.

tony_3a
05-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Wait a second...you said daniel, hendrik...then you went on to say Canadian team. A quick check of the Canucks roster shows 17 Canadians and 15 imports. Yup, the Canucks are Canada's team!

Come on, give me a break you know what i mean, Like i said in my first post, its amazing how stupid people sound when they have such little to go by.

DAVE
05-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Come on, give me a break you know what i mean, Like i said in my first post, its amazing how stupid people sound when they have such little to go by.

Just because we are from a certain area doesn't mean we route for that team. Canadian team or not it makes no difference, hockey is Canada's game and has nothing to do with what teams we Canadians cheer for. As someone already pointed out the roster on the Canucks is hardly Canadian.

Where were the twins last series? They are way too inconsistent. Maybe them and Luongo will show up. Maybe not. If they win congrats, but don't start on all this BS about a Canadian team.

If they lose what's your excuse going to be? Saying that Tampa and Boston don't stand a chance is ignorant. Didn't the Canucks almost loose to an 8th seat???

"I am confident they could/will win, but they could also lose"

That doesn't sound so confident!

Lance
05-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Vancouver was the #1 seed going into the playoffs and remains the #1 seed. We made it through three series, sometimes without Luongo or the Sedins playing well. Boston or TB certainly won't be an easy ride and anything can happen in a short series, but we are the favourite to win it all.
Having said that, I'm keeping my fingers crossed: Forty years is too long to wait for a cup. And between Van, SJ, Ana, and LA the West coast teams have one cup to show for 123 years of hockey. Christ, we must be due!

DAVE
05-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Vancouver was the #1 seed going into the playoffs and remains the #1 seed. We made it through three series, sometimes without Luongo or the Sedins playing well. Boston or TB certainly won't be an easy ride and anything can happen in a short series, but we are the favourite to win it all.
Having said that, I'm keeping my fingers crossed: Forty years is too long to wait for a cup. And between Van, SJ, Ana, and LA the West coast teams have one cup to show for 123 years of hockey. Christ, we must be due!

This is one of the most realistic and politically correct post I have read from a Canucks fan. I wish more of the Canucks fans were like you.

Maybe then they would have less haters.......

HATE! HATE! HATE! ;)

tony_3a
05-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Im just going to delete my whole comment and say this.

Anyways Im done arguing I could be wrong i could be right, but lets just sit back and watch how this all unfolds.

Sorry if i offended anyone.

xblade
05-25-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't care who's on the team or where they are from...I want the cup in Canada!I can't stand the Leafs, Flames, Oilers...But I'd be rooting for any of them if they were the last canadian team in the playoffs!
Canucks have made it to the final,hopefully 3rd times the charm. :)

my 2 cents

tony_3a
05-25-2011, 06:31 PM
I don't care who's on the team or where they are from...I want the cup in Canada!I can't stand the Leafs, Flames, Oilers...But I'd be rooting for any of them if they were the last canadian team in the playoffs!
Canucks have made it to the final,hopefully 3rd times the charm. :)

my 2 cents

I 100 percent agree about wanting the cup in canada.

DAVE
05-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Im just going to delete my whole comment and say this.

Anyways Im done arguing I could be wrong i could be right, but lets just sit back and watch how this all unfolds.

Sorry if i offended anyone.

;) I can't wait.

I take nothing on these forms personally. If we posted responses on a fish forum about hockey I think it's fair to say we are all pretty passionate about the game.

Wanderer
05-25-2011, 07:01 PM
;) I can't wait.

I take nothing on these forms personally. If we posted responses on a fish forum about hockey I think it's fair to say we are all pretty passionate about the game.

here here

lastlight
05-25-2011, 07:02 PM
;) I can't wait.

Sorta makes me want to hit the hockey forums to share a bit about reefkeeping lol.

Keep it in Canada I say. There are no teams that are truly Canadian or American so my patriotism lies in the soil. That's one reason I really enjoyed watching Olympic hockey. That team is much more Canadian.

tony_3a
05-25-2011, 07:09 PM
;) I can't wait.

agreed, Now i have money on boston in the series, so lets see them close it out tonight! Hope they dont collapse like they did in game 4.

2pts
05-25-2011, 09:30 PM
HaHa, I love this line...

On a side note, I love how some Canuck haters say things like "Where were the twins last series? They are way too inconsistent. Maybe them and Luongo will show up. Maybe not." A quick look at the NHL league leaders page has 4 Canuck pictures out of the 8 stats leading the league, I mean ****, H. Sedin is only leading the league in points, he should have twice as many points as he does right?

Samw
05-25-2011, 09:35 PM
I think you missed my point. While those are very nice stats but my point was concluding a win based on Olympic games location as a result of previous coincidences is like concluding the 4th coin will land on heads as a result of 3 previous coins landing on heads. I would agree there is no presidents curse as the top team in the league should go far, pretty simple. In addition I don't buy into other curses and so called streaks which seem to be ever so popular in the sports world these days.

No, I got the point. I was responding to the quote "Does this make them more likely to win or less likely? Statistically speaking it would be less."

Statistically, the president cup winner has the better chance of winning and as useless as it is, statistically, the president cup and Canadian olympic host has a great record of winning too.

We were talking about statistics. If we were talking about probability then yes, independent events have no bearing on future events so the chances are the same, not worse. I understand that if you roll the dice once a day for 7 days and on 2 days, it was sunny and you rolled a 6 on those 2 days, then the chances of rolling a 6 on the next sunny day is 1 out of 6.

What I don't agree with is saying that because they were the Olympics host and they won the presidents Cup, their chances are worse statistically. That is my point. Statistically, it was 100% with a sample size of 2. Statistically, president cup winners win more often than not. Probability wise, their chances are no worse or better.

DAVE
05-25-2011, 10:30 PM
HaHa, I love this line...

On a side note, I love how some Canuck haters say things like "Where were the twins last series? They are way too inconsistent. Maybe them and Luongo will show up. Maybe not." A quick look at the NHL league leaders page has 4 Canuck pictures out of the 8 stats leading the league, I mean ****, H. Sedin is only leading the league in points, he should have twice as many points as he does right?

NO where in your rambling do you show any facts on consistency in the playoffs for the Sedins and Luongo. Yes the Sedins have been good in the past few games, but there are some descent streaks in the playoffs where they have done nothing. To me this means inconsistent!

Do you want me to bring up the fact that both Sedins are -4 in the playoffs? Do you want me to remind you of Luongo getting pulled and not starting the following game? Those are also FACTS!

Doug
05-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Ack, lucky bounce...good goals....the reff did it....they farted wrong.....its the odds. Pthhhhhhhh, who gives a hoot.

THEY ARE IN THE FINALS AND THE REST ARE NOT.
:heh:

Lance
05-25-2011, 11:21 PM
NO where in your rambling do you show any facts on consistency in the playoffs for the Sedins and Luongo. Yes the Sedins have been good in the past few games, but there are some descent streaks in the playoffs where they have done nothing. To me this means inconsistent!

Do you want me to bring up the fact that both Sedins are -4 in the playoffs? Do you want me to remind you of Luongo getting pulled and not starting the following game? Those are also FACTS!

I totally agree with you. However, in spite of these inconsistencies we are still in the finals. Sounds like a pretty good team to me. :biggrin:
It's not uncommon for a player or players to have a bad game, several games or even a whole series. I remember when Zetterberg & Datsyuk were chastised for their poor play in the playoffs a few years back. As well as Marleau, and Heatley this year. Thornton a few years back. I remember when Theodore was the toast of the league. The next year he couldn't stop a beach ball with a tennis racket. These things happen due to injury, sickness, shut-down opponents, or just plain choking up. Remember when Tikkanen shut down Gretzky for a whole series?
The big prize goes to those teams that can win in spite of the adversities. Can Vancouver win it all? Remains to be seen. I'm a fan, have always been a fan and this team IMO has the best shot to win it all in forty years.

2pts
05-26-2011, 12:06 AM

Sorry, I over esimated your hockey intelligence.

Consistency... Goals in the playoffs ( for the Canucks that would mean 18 games, cause I know that mathematically that will trouble you ) 3 of the top 5 are Canucks, 1 of those a Sedin. Consistent is scoring 8 goals in 18 games in the playoffs.

How about Henrik LEADING THE ****ING LEAGUE IN POINTS! 21 points in 18 games, umm yeah I call that consistent.

Are you for real? -4 in the playoffs, really? WOW. I'm sure this will come as a shocker to you, but +/- does not tally on powerplays. You know, the part of the game that the Sedins are absolutely deadly at, to which their whole game is based around. Oh ****, geuss what? The Sedins just happen to be #1 and #2 in powerplay points.

Noticing a trend here bright guy? How about the Sedins leading or almost leading every major statistcal category they are eligble for.

Luongo LEADS THE ****ING LEAGUE IN PLAYOFF WINS! 12 wins out of 18 games played, a .666 winning percentage, which is better than his .633 regualr season winning percentage! Hmmmm... lets see, oh I know consistent would describe it. Oh and while he was at it, he just happens to lead the league in shut outs.

Here's an idea, go out to the local golf course and see if you can find some Leafs, practicing their "shot", perhaps you could hold hands and dream of the next decade where they might possibly make the playoffs.

Wanna see the ultimate consistency, look no further than your local Leafs, since 1967-68 they have not even been to the Stanley Cup Final, now that is consistent!

Wanderer
05-26-2011, 12:19 AM

Consistency... Goals in the playoffs ( for the Canucks that would mean 18 games, cause I know that mathematically that will trouble you ) 3 of the top 5 are Canucks, 1 of those a Sedin. Consistent is scoring 8 goals in 18 games in the playoffs.

How about Henrik LEADING THE ****ING LEAGUE IN POINTS! 21 points in 18 games, umm yeah I call that consistent.

Are you for real? -4 in the playoffs, really? WOW. I'm sure this will come as a shocker to you, but +/- does not tally on powerplays. You know, the part of the game that the Sedins are absolutely deadly at, to which their whole game is based around. Oh ****, geuss what? The Sedins just happen to be #1 and #2 in powerplay points.

Noticing a trend here bright guy? How about the Sedins leading or almost leading every major statistcal category they are eligble for.

Luongo LEADS THE ****ING LEAGUE IN PLAYOFF WINS! 12 wins out of 18 games played, a .666 winning percentage, which is better than his .633 regualr season winning percentage! Hmmmm... lets see, oh I know consistent would describe it. Oh and while he was at it, he just happens to lead the league in shut outs.

Here's an idea, go out to the local golf course and see if you can find some Leafs, practicing their "shot", perhaps you could hold hands and dream of the next decade where they might possibly make the playoffs.

never have i laughed so hard as i did with this roast. great post. and *ahem*

GO CANUCKS GO!

and I'll just add that the set plays off of a face off in the offensive zone (an indicator of strong skaters and offensive skill) are VERY productive for the sedin line.

xblade
05-26-2011, 12:55 AM
just had to throw this up :)

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq34/sodium_benzoate/LosersSince67.jpg

StirCrazy
05-26-2011, 01:29 AM
Consistent is scoring 8 goals in 18 games in the playoffs.

haha, I get a kick out of this thread, leading the league in points does not make consistancy.. what did they do for the first two series?? not much.. and were what -10 and -11 (not the exact numbers but close) and I will admidt they did start actualy playing in the last couple games of the second series, but the third series is where they actualy started to play.

I would say there preformance during the play offs has been far from consistant as they only realy made a difference in the last 6 games, to me kessler, tores, burrows, lou and beska (how ever you spell it) have been the most consistant players on the team. I added lou in there because it is consistant with his whole season to let one bad goal a game in and to have a blow out bad game every once and a while.. so his play off preformance is true to his regular season play also.

I actualy hope they win the cup this year, as much as I want to see rollason get a cup so I am a little torn.. my team has been golfing for a while now :mrgreen: but watch out next year.. if they get a new goalie :redface:

I predicted a Vancouver-boston cup befor the start of play offs but I am hoping boston gets knocked out

Steve

MKLKT
05-26-2011, 02:49 AM
I'm just surprised how both Roloson and Thomas have been getting blown out in the East series. It's better that most people don't see the real strengths of the Canucks. They aren't a one line team, with the exception of the last half of Game 5 the team rolls all 4 lines. Anyway, the real strength of the team has been players like Burrows, Kesler, Raymond, Torres, Hamhuis, and support from Malhotra etc. but the focus goes on the Sedins and Luongo. They didn't win the Presidents Trophy with top goals for, top goals against, 1st in PP and 2nd in PK for no reason.

Sorry but almost every negative post just doesn't really address the team and the games well at all. I love watching hockey in general, I watched the Flames in 04, Oil in 06 and Sens in 07, too. Blind team devotion and hate for other teams is pretty dumb and bandwagon-y.

I've played ice hockey for 20-odd years so I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about. :)

gregb.
05-26-2011, 03:20 AM
Being from a "older" generation,I am a Leafs fan by default.I also have put$$$ behind the Canucks,and Sedins, in a few regular season and playoff pools.Out of the six pools,3 first place $,2 second place $,and first in the last playoff pool with 8 Canucks still available in the final.I believe that is being consistent.Good Luck Canucks and your fans.Cheers Greg

StirCrazy
05-26-2011, 04:27 AM
but the focus goes on the Sedins and Luongo.

yup there are lots of guns on the canucks but the thing is when the sedins are hot they do actualy make everyone else look like there along for the ride, and I don't like Vancouver my wife does.. but I do agree when they are on they are amazing to watch.

I love watching hockey in general, I watched the Flames in 04, Oil in 06 and Sens in 07, too. Blind team devotion and hate for other teams is pretty dumb and bandwagon-y.

I've played ice hockey for 20-odd years so I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about. :)

you know I have been playing for 35 years now (who cares how long some one has been playing hockey realy, I know people who have never played and can talk about hockey with the best...) team divotion is good for hockey, I personaly only hate one team though and thats calgary. although I was glad when Lanny finaly got a ring as he deserved one. with out team divotion the NHL would have been having problems long long ago, it is what fuels the league and brings money to the teams. with out that there would be no sell outs for the Oiler Vs. Cow town games, or the montral vs. boston, ect.... divotion is what gets the fans out there to the games, with out it there would be no talk of the possability of the return of the Jetts, so ya it is a good thing.

I do watch a lot of hockey, probably 7 to 10 games a week during regular season (did I mention I love center ICE) but I do not jump band wagons.. when my team is out, I watch the rest but it doesn't matter who wins to me (well as long as it isn't Calgary) , I just like watching the play offs as it is realy the only real hockey of the whole year. everyone is going all or nothing playing hurt, and playing about 100% harder than they do in the regular season.. I even had to set two TV's side by side this year as the dumb a$$es decided to play playoff games at the same time.. and I didn't want to miss them.. I know, I need help, good thing there are two TVs in my Bar downstairs.....:mrgreen:

Steve

DAVE
05-26-2011, 11:21 AM

Wanna see the ultimate consistency, look no further than your local Leafs, since 1967-68 they have not even been to the Stanley Cup Final, now that is consistent!

Wow, your grade 6 education is really starting to shine in this post. Let me brake down the word consistency for you (as you have clearly demonstrated you have no idea what it means). To be consistent means to do the same thing day in and day out. This is of course not the official definition but I figured I would have to dumb it down a few notches for you to comprehend. (Now, your still with me right?)

You state that over 18 games (thanks, I understand the math) 3 of the top 5 are Canucks......that is great news you should be very proud of that. However, over the first two series how many points did the Sedins have? Where they able to, game in and game out provide sound offense? (I won't even go into there defense, because any hockey fan knows they don't have any). This doesn't sound very consistent to me.

I will even go one step further and break down "consistency" in a simple example (my 4 year old nephew was able to understand this concept, so I am hoping it's not over your head)

Player 1:
scores 0 goals in game 1
scores 0 goals in game 2
scores 0 goals in game 3
scores 4 goals in game 4

Total goals = 4

Player 2:
scores 1 goal in game 1
scores 1 goal in game 2
scores 1 goal in game 3
scores 1 goal in game 4

Total goals = 4

Now from my example provided who is the more consistent player?

Now your attack about me golfing with the Leafs. HAHAHA, I absolutely hate the Leafs, they are a terrible team with a terrible ownership. Do you think that just because I live in Ontario I am a Leaf fan? Give your head a shake.

Yes, the Sedins can score on the power play, there stats prove they suck the rest of the game (the majority of the time). On what percentage out of the game is a team on a powerplay? 10%, 20%, 30% of the time? That leaves a significant amount of time being played where the Sedins CAN be detrimental to the team. (again both at -4)

Now, back to my game of golf with the Leafs ;)

2pts
05-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Whatever, you obviously are one of those people who have a hate on for players on a team that is tops of the league.

Sedins had 9 and 10 points in the first 2 rounds. That is pretty damn good, better than probably 95% of the league, which they consistently are at that top 5% of the league.

Who cares what percentage of a game is special teams? The Canucks are put together to excell at special teams play, because that is what wins in the playoffs.
Wow, your grade 6 education is really starting to shine in this post. Let me brake down the word consistency for you (as you have clearly demonstrated you have no idea what it means). To be consistent means to do the same thing day in and day out. This is of course not the official definition but I figured I would have to dumb it down a few notches for you to comprehend. (Now, your still with me right?)

You state that over 18 games (thanks, I understand the math) 3 of the top 5 are Canucks......that is great news you should be very proud of that. However, over the first two series how many points did the Sedins have? Where they able to, game in and game out provide sound offense? (I won't even go into there defense, because any hockey fan knows they don't have any). This doesn't sound very consistent to me.

I will even go one step further and break down "consistency" in a simple example (my 4 year old nephew was able to understand this concept, so I am hoping it's not over your head)

Player 1:
scores 0 goals in game 1
scores 0 goals in game 2
scores 0 goals in game 3
scores 4 goals in game 4

Total goals = 4

Player 2:
scores 1 goal in game 1
scores 1 goal in game 2
scores 1 goal in game 3
scores 1 goal in game 4

Total goals = 4

Now from my example provided who is the more consistent player?

Now your attack about me golfing with the Leafs. HAHAHA, I absolutely hate the Leafs, they are a terrible team with a terrible ownership. Do you think that just because I live in Ontario I am a Leaf fan? Give your head a shake.

Yes, the Sedins can score on the power play, there stats prove they suck the rest of the game (the majority of the time). On what percentage out of the game is a team on a powerplay? 10%, 20%, 30% of the time? That leaves a significant amount of time being played where the Sedins CAN be detrimental to the team. (again both at -4)

Now, back to my game of golf with the Leafs ;)

MKLKT
05-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Kelser has been the biggest cornerstone (overall as goals aren't everything) and is the leading Conn Smyth candidate for a reason. I hated him when he first started with the Canucks for his attitude and stone hands, but it's hard to dislike the effort and determination he's had this year.

A lot of the Sedins minuses came from ~2 games from the Chicago series so if you've been watching you'd know that. +/- isn't shifted during special teams. All I really care about is that the whole team has showed up now, can't have no-shows at this stage of the game!

NU-2reef
05-26-2011, 04:11 PM

hahahahaha

what a hater. where the flames at?

Wanderer
05-26-2011, 04:34 PM
hahahahaha

golfing... and making scotia bank commercials

sphelps
05-26-2011, 04:37 PM
hahahahaha

Pretty much the same place your team has been in every previous year. I'm not sure why you Vancouver fans always need to put other teams down to make yours seem better. You've had a good year and you're on your way but the cup isn't yours yet, that was my only point.

lastlight
05-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Wow, your grade 6 education is really starting to shine in this post. Let me brake down the word consistency for you

Lol...when you start off that strong and then misspell break... dude that made my morning honestly =) I'm not hatin' I just really needed the laugh this morning!

DAVE
05-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Maybe I should of got my nephew to proof read my response ;) (it was an early morning)

Still I think my point has been made

tony_3a
05-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Lol...when you start off that strong and then misspell break... dude that made my morning honestly =) I'm not hatin' I just really needed the laugh this morning!

Incredible.... I just saw this today and you are right, great way to start the day.

Samw
05-31-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm going to Vancouver Pizza for lunch.

http://media.metronews.topscms.com/images/b6/1e/3bc60a6a4219ba0c2a8d29a39f2c.jpeg

dsaundry
06-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Just a quick fyi, there are exactly the same amout of canadians on both teams, Thomas has never lost to the Canucks and if the Canucks expect to win the series they better average 30+ shots a game or it's series over. Thomas was the #1 goalie this year in save percentage and despite his unorthodox style of play, seems to manage the wins when he has too. So yeah, I am a proud Bruins fan since 67 and have waited a lot longer to see my team in the final as well. So with a big "Hell Yeah" I proudly proclaim that I hope the Canucks live up to their past playoff records and fold like a bad poker hand when they meet the Bruins.
Go Bruins Go!:lol:

MMAX
06-01-2011, 12:09 PM
I do admit that I cheered for Vancouver to beat San Jose, I can't stand that group of jerk-offs. I really tried getting on board with the Canucks to win the cup but I can't. Much like when calgary made their run, I cheered for them for one game and felt dirty afterwards. Not even a scalding bath in Javex made me feel clean. I heard on an Edmonton sports talk radio show yesterday that one Vancouver fan e-mailed and said Kesler was a better playoff performer than Mark Messier. That was good for a laugh. Anyway, enough said...Go Boston!

Leah
06-01-2011, 01:23 PM
CANUCKS FOR THE CUP!

gobytron
06-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Just a quick fyi, there are exactly the same amout of canadians on both teams, Thomas has never lost to the Canucks and if the Canucks expect to win the series they better average 30+ shots a game or it's series over. Thomas was the #1 goalie this year in save percentage and despite his unorthodox style of play, seems to manage the wins when he has too. So yeah, I am a proud Bruins fan since 67 and have waited a lot longer to see my team in the final as well. So with a big "Hell Yeah" I proudly proclaim that I hope the Canucks live up to their past playoff records and fold like a bad poker hand when they meet the Bruins.

You're probably closer to the bruins than the canucks in chilliwack anyways.

Vancouver doesnt need any more fans out this way, I'm sure boston could use 1 or 2 so good riddance.

dsaundry
06-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Vancouver doesnt need any more fans out this way, I'm sure boston could use 1 or 2 so good riddance.

Wow..good comeback:mrgreen:

StirCrazy
06-01-2011, 03:41 PM

not realy, more of what would be expected from a grade 4 student :wink:

on a serious note.. The canuckel heads better be bringing there "A" game, I was hoping Tampa bay would win cuz then Van would be playing against a team that isn't big hitting and when they play against thoes teams they play good, but.... Boston is a big team and they hit, probably the biggest hitting team in the league, but if not then close to it. and we all know what happens to the sudin's when they are getting hit a lot.. they basicly shut down like the beginning of the play offs.

I think to win this series the sudins are going to have to be a lot tougher, and they need to turn Raffi lose with a purpose.

Steve

2pts
06-01-2011, 04:20 PM

First off, as a Canucks fan, Thomas scares the crap out of me, when he is on, he is the best in the game.

Here's hoping the BRUINS "live up to their past playoff records and fold like a bad poker hand when they meet the" CANUCKS. A quoute that may jog your memory about last year... "In the third period it was Simon Gagne again who doomed the Bruins with a power play goal at 12:52, as the Bruins became just the third team in NHL history to lose a series they once led 3-0."

Ouch, sorry bud, this is our year!

Bruins special teams are special all right. 8% powerplay will not earn the team the cup!

Lance
06-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Tough series but the Canucks 3rd and 4th lines will be the straw that breaks the Bruins back. Boston just doesn't have the depth Vancouver does.
And Daryl, as for comparing playoff records one isn't any better than the other. 39 years for Boston and 40 years for Vancouver.

dsaundry
06-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Tough series but the Canucks 3rd and 4th lines will be the straw that breaks the Bruins back. Boston just doesn't have the depth Vancouver does.
And Daryl, as for comparing playoff records one isn't any better than the other. 39 years for Boston and 40 years for Vancouver.

Yeah I know, but the Canucks haven't had all 4 lines clicking in one series so I am hoping that plays into the Bruins game, and I am hoping Thomas continues his winning record against them.:biggrin: I am worried about the Bruins special teams, lousy pp thi playoffs. but it all boils down to who will win 4 games. The rule is that in a best of 7 series the better team almost always wins.:mrgreen:

dsaundry
06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Here's hoping the BRUINS "live up to their past playoff records and fold like a bad poker hand when they meet the" CANUCKS. A quoute that may jog your memory about last year... "In the third period it was Simon Gagne again who doomed the Bruins with a power play goal at 12:52, as the Bruins became just the third team in NHL history to lose a series they once led 3-0."

Yeah but they swept them this year.:lol:

Jason McK
06-01-2011, 05:23 PM
This thread is rediculous. It's understandable to have friendly ribbing and loyalties to your fav team, but personal attacks are completely uncalled for and will jeprodise your membership at Canreef.

Chill out people

dsaundry
06-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Always a smile on my face Jason:biggrin:

gobytron
06-01-2011, 09:20 PM

Better, do you think, than "wow...good comeback"?

lol...
muppet.

parkinsn
06-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Better, do you think, than "wow...good comeback"?

lol...
muppet.

I think you should just change your name back to "whatigot"