PDA

View Full Version : PC lights submerged in the tank

JaiWiz
04-24-2011, 01:31 AM
my 96 watt coralife power compact fixture took a swim yesterday i immediately turned it off and have had a fan on it within seconds i dismantled it also. One bulb broke in the tank when it fell and now has water in it so thats a goner i'm just wondering does anyone know the chances of this thing working again? this sucks big time i was gettin ready to purchase a bigger tank and stand and the bam this happens, shitters oh well what can ya do.

The Grizz
04-24-2011, 01:48 AM
I you dry it out really good it should still work, this happened to me with one of my T5 fixtures as well.

mark
04-24-2011, 02:07 AM
I'd rinse them in fresh water

whatcaneyedo
04-24-2011, 02:20 AM
I dropped a coralife PC fixture into the water for just a few seconds a couple of years ago as well. The ballast was toast afterwards but it was pretty easy to replace it with a new one. I believe J&L sells them.

Sip
04-24-2011, 06:40 AM
Sorry to jump in but we've just recently upgraded our lighting and if your interested we have both the 96w and 65w pc lunar fixtures that wont be getting much use any more.

JaiWiz
04-24-2011, 02:17 PM
yea i just gave it a whirl its toast the fan still works lol and i looked on JL's website they only have the ballast for the LED lunar lights on it. Oh snap i'm gonna have to figure something out soon this is crappy

AquaticFinatic
04-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Give Joshua a call in marine aquaria Edmonton he will be able to get you the parts you you need. I had a broken light and he tracked down the ballasts for me.