PDA

View Full Version : HELP HOUSE FLOOD!!!!

lionfaceman
04-22-2011, 03:15 AM
Hello fellow reefers! My name is Kendel and I'm in desperate need of a dehumidifier. A waterline in my house for a toilet blew sometime today and i came home from work to a basement full of water. :( If anyone is in Leduc, and Edmonton area that is willing to let me borrow a dehumidifier please please call me at 780-850-7366 please. Hope you have a great evening :)

wingedfish
04-22-2011, 03:22 AM
if you contact your insurance, (assuming you have insurance) they'll sent over a couple and as many fans as needed and replace anything needing replacing. The crappy little domestic dehumidifier that you'd find is as good as opening windows compared to the one that's right for the job.

lionfaceman
04-22-2011, 03:25 AM
Of course i have home insurance but my basement is kinda sorta not finished. no carpet and no rooms framed just outside walls drywalled. and ya i have had the windows open since 5

RedCoralEdmonton
04-22-2011, 03:53 AM
If it's wide open and you just want to rid the water go buy a shop vac, they are relatively cheap and will suck the water out to the last drop

Steve

The Grizz
04-22-2011, 03:57 AM
Thankfully your basement is unfinished, I would go with the shop vac as well.

lionfaceman
04-22-2011, 04:02 AM
ya i have one already thats what i used to stuck up all the water but the humidity from the wet concrete is what im worried about

The Grizz
04-22-2011, 04:07 AM
Another cheap way to dry up the concrete would be any type of floor dry. I remember there is one type that is a fine powder for that also traps dust when you sweep it up. I use the ype that is like cat litter in my shop but it does nothing for the dust & at $8 for a bag the would fill 3 - 5 gal pails it not a bad deal.

monocus
04-22-2011, 04:47 PM
also get as many fans going as possible-the only problem will be under your plates,and they should be sitting on sill gasket or building paper-should be dry in a few days with no problems-but if mold starts to grow,wash with a solution of bleach and water-but as you are wide open i don't think you have any worries

reef-keeper
04-24-2011, 02:43 PM
You could go to Home Depot or the nearest rental place and rent one for a few days.