PDA

View Full Version : shelf life on zeobak?

christyf5
04-21-2011, 02:56 PM
cleaning out the fridge and I found a bottle that is about 3/4 full, its well over a year old, probably two. Anyone know if its still good?

don.ald
04-21-2011, 03:09 PM
i dont use zeo any longer, but when i did i payed no attention to the expire dates and never had an issue. too expensive to toss. also, never kept the products in the fridge. :question:
thought refidgeration was old info and no longer required. (from the zeovit.com threads).

parkinsn
04-21-2011, 03:11 PM
If it smells really bad then its no good, if there is no real smell to it then its prolly ok.

Leah
04-21-2011, 03:48 PM
cleaning out the fridge and I found a bottle that is about 3/4 full, its well over a year old, probably two. Anyone know if its still good?

LMAO :biggrin: Reading this made my morning!

Christy if it has been two years since you last cleaned out the fridge...I am guessing it probably needed it. :wink:

Myka
04-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Zeobak is the only one with a really short shelf life, and the only one that's no good very quickly after it's shelf life. It is only 6 months.

christyf5
04-21-2011, 04:21 PM
LMAO :biggrin: Reading this made my morning!

Christy if it has been two years since you last cleaned out the fridge...I am guessing it probably needed it. :wink:

LOL, it hasn't been two years, we got a new fridge last year. But last year it was only about a year old and in my mind, still good. Then it got pushed back behind some other stuff on a shelf that doesn't get used/cleaned that often. Yesterday I noticed that I could hardly see into the fridge anymore so i decided it needed a good cleaning out and there it was. The fridge does get cleaned on a regular basis but I just do one section at a time and mostly just clean the shelving.

Thats my story and i'm sticking to it! :razz:

christyf5
04-21-2011, 04:23 PM
i dont use zeo any longer, but when i did i payed no attention to the expire dates and never had an issue. too expensive to toss. also, never kept the products in the fridge. :question:
thought refidgeration was old info and no longer required. (from the zeovit.com threads).

I agree, thats why i was reluctant to chuck it. I think its from back when it was supposed to be kept in the fridge (some were saying it didn't need to be, some were saying it should be so I left it in the fridge)

If it smells really bad then its no good, if there is no real smell to it then its prolly ok.

Good call, I'll give it the sniff test :razz:

cwatkins
04-21-2011, 04:39 PM
I have one that I bought in Jan that smells funky. Does that mean it's toast?

Tom R
04-21-2011, 11:21 PM
LOL, it hasn't been two years, we got a new fridge last year. But last year it was only about a year old and in my mind, still good. Then it got pushed back behind some other stuff on a shelf that doesn't get used/cleaned that often. Yesterday I noticed that I could hardly see into the fridge anymore so i decided it needed a good cleaning out and there it was. The fridge does get cleaned on a regular basis but I just do one section at a time and mostly just clean the shelving.

Thats my story and i'm sticking to it! :razz:

You no that spilling a beer every now and then does not count as cleaning.

Tom R

PS +1 for the smell test on the ZEObak.