PDA

View Full Version : An Invitation

powerreef
01-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Hey all you canukleheads, lol, greeting from a fellow canuck down south. I would like to invite you all down to Seattle for a presentation by Anthony Calfo on February 21st 2004. We have ordered a ton of corals for the meeting and plan on putting anthony to work all night and then giving away all the frags, we have a bunch of drygoods also that are supposed to show up for those not daring, lol. Anyway it would b great to see you folks come on down again its been far to long. I am sure we could arrange for some accomadations for those that wished to stay the night, my family will be up in Canada for that weekend :lol: so lots of room over here.

let me know

Oh on a side note I finall got to go to another canuck game over the holidays (first time in 2 years) boy I missed it, havent been able to curse like that in years.

Mike

Delphinus
01-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Rrrrrrrrroooad trip!!!! Whoohooo!!!

Hmmm, maybe if I start begging the wife NOW ..... :eek: :lol:

powerreef
01-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Darn I forgot to put up he email address. Shoot chuck an email and he caan send you an envite with the directions and so on. Also let me know if any accomadations are needed.
Delphinus make sure you come.

fiterman@fitermania.com

mike

Son Of Skyline
01-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Is it possible to bring live coral back across the border?

Bob I
01-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Rrrrrrrrroooad trip!!!! Whoohooo!!!

Hmmm, maybe if I start begging the wife NOW ..... :eek: :lol:

Can I come along. :question: :question: :biggrin:

Chad
01-13-2004, 04:31 PM

This is my question as well.. I think not tho..

Aquattro
01-13-2004, 04:35 PM

Not legally, no. I also heard that someone tried once and their car got confiscated :neutral:
I do know a couple of people that have brought it back, so, pays yer money, and takes yer chances! :razz:

sumpfinfishe
01-13-2004, 04:45 PM
It is legal if you have all the cities permits and paper work, however all the permits would cost you more in time and money than what it's worth for a few pieces of coral. I have heard that fish are ok if you can prove where they came from, I think that there dutie free as well.

On another note, electric coffee cups can come in handy for storage of a frag or two while crossing the boarder :wink:

BCOrchidGuy
01-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Okay you didn't hear it from me but.... (content removed )
No officer I've never done it before...

(can't say my name here now can I)

Chad
01-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Hmmm I see we have quite a few "experienced" smugglers in our mists :biggrin: :eek: :lol:

I don't think I will take my chances.

Son Of Skyline
01-13-2004, 05:16 PM
That's ingenious :cool:

No officer I've never done it before...

(can't say my name here now can I)

Delphinus
01-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Hi guys,

Unfortunately it is not legal to carry CITES listed animals or plants across the border without the valid CITES documentation. The fines are very stiff as it is a criminal offense. Fines, jail time, confiscation, etc. Please respect the law... Also please be careful when talking publicly on this board.. I don't want this place shut down, k? I need it so that I can goof off when at work. Thanks!! :biggrin:

That said, not everything is listed on CITES.

Aquattro
01-13-2004, 05:43 PM
It is legal if you have all the cities permits and paper work,

Rich, I thought I read somewhere that you must provide info, like origin of species, port it originally arrived at, etc, that is near impossible to provide with home grown frags. Maybe someone in the biz can confirm.....

Samw
01-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Greyhound... take the bus, go into the bathroom (closet) and put your frag inside the garbage can and secure it with duct tape.....

Great idea! I like it.

dekay
01-13-2004, 06:26 PM
what's the worst that can happen. customs impound the bus and you have a bus load of ppl ready to frag you apart.

BCOrchidGuy
01-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Sorry Tony I never thought about that, feel free to remove my post.

Doug

Samw
01-13-2004, 06:27 PM
With a bus load of people, you remain anonymous. :smile:

Delphinus
01-13-2004, 06:31 PM
No worries Doug, it's just talkin' .... :mrgreen:

BCOrchidGuy
01-13-2004, 06:34 PM
I removed it on my own Tony, I don't want to see anyone try this, I heard about it because I used to drive tour bus over the border alot and people did that often. Customs does know about it and it's one of the areas they check on the bus....

powerreef
01-13-2004, 09:07 PM
LOL looks like the minds are churning, We are going to have some drygoods (just small stuff) to give away also. That being said do you think that customs officer could ID the coral, lol Now that would impress me.

good to see thier is some interest.

Mike

BCOrchidGuy
01-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Mike they wont try to ID it but they will call fish and wild life to come try to ID it, if they can't then they MAY just hold it until they can get someone else to ID it. There is an $85 dollar fee for fish and wildlife inspection if it comes to that.

Doug

pluff
01-13-2004, 09:31 PM
:eek: Just give the customs dude some of that BC BUD :smile: I'm sure that will put him in his place :biggrin:

Pluff

StirCrazy
01-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Hey all you canukleheads, lol, greeting from a fellow canuck down south. I would like to invite you all down to Seattle for a presentation by Anthony Calfo on February 21st 2004.
let me know

Mike

I will be ariving in seattle for the weekend on the friday, how do I find out more about this?

Steve

powerreef
01-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Steve your on the mailing list from the seattle club arent you??? if not email chuck and he will add you to the list of folks that get an evite. the envite will have all the info, you need. Anthony is spending the weekend at my place, so your more then welcome to join us.

On the bringing back of corals, that is kinda scary, I did it a couple of times in the past but it was before the way the situation is now. From my understanding the cities permit costs a 100 bucks, maybe it might be worth it if a few folks all got in on it???? then maybe we could order and extra box of corals for our Canadien friends???? :cool:

Mike

StirCrazy
01-14-2004, 12:21 AM
Steve your on the mailing list from the seattle club arent you??? if not email chuck and he will add you to the list of folks that get an evite. the envite will have all the info, you need. Anthony is spending the weekend at my place, so your more then welcome to join us.

On the bringing back of corals, that is kinda scary, I did it a couple of times in the past but it was before the way the situation is now. From my understanding the cities permit costs a 100 bucks, maybe it might be worth it if a few folks all got in on it???? then maybe we could order and extra box of corals for our Canadien friends???? :cool:

Mike

no I am not, but I just sent a e-mail, how far from fishermans worf is this? (trying to plan for how I am going to get there :mrgreen: )Also I will be sailing home monday so i am wondering if we can pack frags good enuf for say 2 days. or the other option is for me to set up a little 10 gal tank for a couple days and bring them back that way. (anyone have a acrilic 10 gal tank they don't need that I can build a lid for?)

Steve

Steve

powerreef
01-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Steve the meeting is on an Island in the middle of lake washington. so about a 1o minute drive from the docks. You can stick your frags in my frag tank for till you leave no problem.

Mike